• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

long arm kits

slednecks1124

Is there a difference between actual long arms and adjustable control arms made for 6" of lift?

Buddy of mine has a 98 TJ hes got a fabtech 4" lift, he put some 3 inch coil spaces on it but now his control arms are too short and pull the axle away from its correct position.

he is looking for new adjustable control arms for more than 6 inches of lift but they are super hard to find.

Any suggestions would help:awesomework:

3" coil spacers? wow. is he running 44's? tell him to lower it and then buy some clayton long arms for it and be done

When you go that high on a short arm setup it will ride like shat and it puts a bind on the arms and wears out the bushings and wacks all the geometry out. If he wants to be that tall he really should go with a long arm. I know its expensive but its really the only way to make everything right.

With that much lift on SAs. He must have like a 90" wheelbase now.

Why so much lift? 44s like mentioned above?

You could buy some adjustable SAs and they would "fit" but still to much lift for a SA. IMHO.

Thats funny. My good buddy has a 98 tj and he went from a short arm to wagoneer spring and he said its the best thing he could have ever done. Its on tons though. I have an xj and im gonna putt fj40 springs in the front.

He wants to be able to run 35's. He was hoping to be able to just throw the coil spaces on and go but the control arms ended up being too short. :mad:

The true long arm kit is a weld on kit right?

He wants to be able to run 35's. He was hoping to be able to just throw the coil spaces on and go but the control arms ended up being too short. :mad:

The true long arm kit is a weld on kit right?

Depends on the company, Mine was supposed to be a bolt on deal but I ended up welding alot of the stuff.

I run a full traction kit and though the kit is really nice there customer suck's so bad I would not buy from them again. I say if your going to buy one go Clayton.

Is there a difference between actual long arms and adjustable control arms made for 6" of lift?

Buddy of mine has a 98 TJ hes got a fabtech 4" lift, he put some 3 inch coil spaces on it but now his control arms are too short and pull the axle away from its correct position.

he is looking for new adjustable control arms for more than 6 inches of lift but they are super hard to find.

Any suggestions would help:awesomework:

Yet more proof that you truely are not all there. :rolleyes:

I would say build your own long arm setup but if your buddy is putting a 3" coil spacer in on top of a 4" lift he shouldn't be allowed to touch a rig let alone attempt to fabricate something. So open the wallet and buy a kit.