• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

long arm kits

:shaking:
Yet more proof that you truely are not all there. :rolleyes:

I would say build your own long arm setup but if your buddy is putting a 3" coil spacer in on top of a 4" lift he shouldn't be allowed to touch a rig let alone attempt to fabricate something. So open the wallet and buy a kit.

dude is that all you do is talk ****?:looser:

He was looking for a cheap alternative to run bigger tires, tahts why he bought the spacers.

He wants something that rides nice on the road and still performs good offroad. He is not trying to make a competition rock crawler, more along the lines of a decent DD/Wheeler

I have terra flex long arms on my xj and love them the jeep has 5.5" coils with asco ajustable coil spacer's.I pop out my coils every once in a while do to not running shocks.

I'd go with terraflex again if I get a tj:awesomework:

The cheapest way to slam 35's without long arms is to do a 3 inch suspension and a 2.5 inch body lift.

Any thing over 3 inches in suspension should get long arms. Otherwise your jeep will ride like ass, and it will beat the **** out of your suspension components. It won't allow it to cycle properly and every time the rig hits a bump, it will try to tear the front end out, thus placing undue stress on the suspension components.

Trust me, I've been there.

Rubicon express kits are pretty swanky too.

Clayton or full traction are where it's at.

Fabtech looks good on thier advertisements and on paper, but doesn't hold up. I really like their belly pan design though.

IMHO, stick with the 3 inch lift and whatever size tire and wheel it. Then save your money for a long arm kit, or take it to a shop and have them build what you want.

We are running the taraflex 4.5 on my dads TJ and added the long arm up-grade as well as a tummy tucker. A one inch body lift is a good idea with the tummy tucker but the kit is sweet and no issues as of yet. We have had it on for about 8 months and love it with the 33's and may step up to 35's soon. long arms are the way to go and the taraflex kit was not too bad in price:awesomework:

:shaking:

dude is that all you do is talk ****?:looser:

He was looking for a cheap alternative to run bigger tires, tahts why he bought the spacers.

He wants something that rides nice on the road and still performs good offroad. He is not trying to make a competition rock crawler, more along the lines of a decent DD/Wheeler

it's not talkin **** if it's true. the arms included in the 4 inch kit are designed for "gasp" a 4 inch kit! :D

it's not talkin **** if it's true. the arms included in the 4 inch kit are designed for "gasp" a 4 inch kit! :D

Well he had no clue, hes pretty new to the offroad scene. and thats how you learn from trial and error. but this time its going to be a pretty expensive error:eeek:

I remember after these cherokees came out a few of the guys in the club were running a radius arm setup with one upper link to control axle wrap and a panhard bar or Y lowers with a panhard. 36-37 inch tires. short arm kits are for fire road jeepin.

I remember after these cherokees came out a few of the guys in the club were running a radius arm setup with one upper link to control axle wrap and a panhard bar or Y lowers with a panhard. 36-37 inch tires. short arm kits are for fire road jeepin.

i dunno man, i seen a few locals put on long arms cuz they want a nice plush ride on the road, like stock.

****UPDATE*****

Okay so my buddy ended up going with the 5.5" clayton long arm kit, should show up Thursday.

What would you guy's charge to install a kit like this? Just curious :corn: