• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Psc kits?

tonybolton said:
Mine is mounted on top of the frame next to drivers front wheel.

I see those orb's mounted just after the steering wheel on alota stuff and while I've never seen a hose pop AT the orbital, makes me think I'd hate to have one do that and then take a hot a PS fluid bath.....on the ****. lol

mine is behind the dash right there...and I'm the same way...I worried about taking some high pressure PS fluid to the ballbag, so I just added and wrapped the hose in blowout protection sleeves. I dont worry about it anymore!

As for the hose lengths...I have seen varying lengths of hoses in different hydro kits...PSC or not. But agree that unfortunately it seems like they make the assumption that you will mount the orbital in the engine bay.

I was thinking they designed the kit to mount in the engine bay, but why would they send it with a bracket to mount the valve to 1.75 tube and a 3" column for your steering wheel...lol
Just a built in up charge is about all I know.
I did call today and the guy offered to send me some hose.....with my credit card number haha. I said no thanks

Lesson learned, just buy the main parts and piece it together myself like normal

I`ve bought two kits and both have been great and had enough hose. I have also put both in the engine bay and not right behind the steering wheel.

tonybolton said:
I see those orb's mounted just after the steering wheel on alota stuff and while I've never seen a hose pop AT the orbital, makes me think I'd hate to have one do that and then take a hot a PS fluid bath.....on the ****. lol

It happened to Burkey. Not a fun moment according to him.

Being from a farm, I'm more scared of a pinhole and fluid injection in your cawk than a hot fluid bath. either way both are bad. They sell longer columns that go on the orbitals. They just supply the shortest ones. Look at a lot of Wood's older builds, he generally bought longer columns iirc

blacksheep10 said:
Being from a farm, I'm more scared of a pinhole and fluid injection in your cawk than a hot fluid bath. either way both are bad. They sell longer columns that go on the orbitals. They just supply the shortest ones. Look at a lot of Wood's older builds, he generally bought longer columns iirc

Exactly.... Pinhole in a hydraulic system can be deadly.

I will shield it, but what's the use of offering a 2-3" column if it's not safe to use in that way :dunno:
Ideally you would mount it on the engine bay side of a firewall and a column out to you on the other side....I'd say a 3" column is still useless if setup that way, still too short

whiskeymakin said:
I will shield it, but what's the use of offering a 2-3" column if it's not safe to use in that way :dunno:
Ideally you would mount it on the engine bay side of a firewall and a column out to you on the other side....I'd say a 3" column is still useless if setup that way, still too short

I bet 75%-80% of the kits they sell go on Jeeps or other rigs built from an actual vehicle, where the installer is putting the orbital down near where the steering box used to be and hooking a steering shaft to the stubby column.

And a lot of people building buggies are putting a steering column with a shaft to mount the orbital in the engine bay (just not the rock bouncers, most of them are hung off a tube right above your nuts laughing1)