• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

lookin for a vacuum pump

leadfoot067

anybody know what vehicle may have had a 12volt vacuum pump? trying to find a cheaper solution for my oldsmobile power brakes...cams too big:redneck:

thanks! that first link is what i was after..something i can get cheap from the wrecking yard..my brakes do work..just not after the first stop..after that i got no vacuum..i thought about a hydroboost setup..i will if i have to but only as a last resort..

You know, back in the day. Power brakes were for girls:fawkdancesmiley:

ya i know..but my olds has always been a comfortable nice driving car..dont wanna lose that..trying to walk the line with it...it will be a comfy 12 second car,with power brakes and steering and full interior..

ya i know..but my olds has always been a comfortable nice driving car..dont wanna lose that..trying to walk the line with it...it will be a comfy 12 second car,with power brakes and steering and full interior..

And it will look all so pretty!:awesomework:

why yes it does...
455010.jpg

What about using a vacuum can to store vacuum? I have a buddy building a drag car and his cam was too big so he bought a vacuum can.

its my understanding you only get one more brake pump out of the can..i want more assurance im gonna get it stopped,especially when crusing thru a parking lot and such..

yeah a for ps runns a vacumm pump but it is off a puls not sure if you wanna go that way if your trying to build power