• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Looks like a new place to ride hopefully

93puggy said:
Is there not going to be a parking lot, or field, for those of us who trailer our rigs? Also, have they expanded? They had an open house 2 years ago when they were looking for new members for Snowbird and they only had 52 acres of riding area, with 3 obstacles.

**** 52 acres?

I just found out that I'm 5% owner of 55 acres on top of Alpine Mountain, just so happens that the other 95% of the owners (family) involved has no way and no idea how to access it.

drivermod said:
Any more info on this?
Check out Wildcat Offroad on FB,heard supposed to be open within next few weeks. Some locals riding by permission already. Hoping to get the hookup!! :****: :driving:

There's a lot more then 52 acres. The 52 acres is the spot that we don't have to worry about TU. there are miles of trails through out that area.

so we will have to be tagged and licenced to ride there period? That eliminates most the rigs on this board but for a place to ride that close to home ill figure something out....

mrdrinksalil said:
so we will have to be tagged and licenced to ride there period? That eliminates most the rigs on this board but for a place to ride that close to home ill figure something out....

Yes is this correct "tagged & license rigs only" will be allowed into this new park to wheel :dunno:

If so that does ruin it for bout everybody I wheel with including myself :puke:

No y'all reading too much.. Tag buggy or Jeep to cross over state land into upper Tellico. The 50+ acres where a lot of the rocks are you are good to drive your buggy there. That part is inside the park and you don't have to cross over any state land to get there.
You can call me or email me if you have any questions.

Mike D

Re: Re: Re: Looks like a new place to ride hopefully

MikeDDurhamtown said:
No y'all reading too much.. Tag buggy or Jeep to cross over state land into upper Tellico. The 50+ acres where a lot of the rocks are you are good to drive your buggy there. That part is inside the park and you don't have to cross over any state land to get there.
You can call me or email me if you have any questions.

Mike D

I think that is the info a lot were missing. The second tagged and licensed was said all else was forgotten. I am game. Like I said in other forum we just want to wheel and not go to a fancy resort and pay big bucks as if we were. I am simple folk. Like a tent and a rig with a cooler of beer for after the day of wheeling of course :)

drive it like it's stolen

Since no one has really wheeled it in the last 5 years it's hard to say, but the park has tons of trails and has an area of rocks and with some work more rocks will be uncovered. And this area is open to all rigs tag or not tag.

I know a lot of people are centering on the upper Tellico area and that's great but I want you all to know that there is a whole park with over 2K acres to trail ride and camp and an area about 50 acres that has a lot of rock in it.

If you want to ask questions off line you can email me at [email protected]

Mike D

Ok the ride for the 25th is on. At this time we are full on the buggy side and still looking for some trail rigs. Also we are looking for some SxS as well.

Email me at
[email protected]

This is a ride to show the owners we can bring in quality riders. So if you want to tear up trails this ride may not be for you. There will be no drinking on the trails. Tread Lightly there will be guides to show you around the park. Also there will be plenty of signs posted. Those that have a tag rig will be able to go to upper Tellico.

Let me know

Mike D

"full on the buggy side" :dunno:,,,,,,,,, dang reckon I can,t go my rig is mostly buggy ???

Heck yall just get up there and do what you have too and get this place open for all of us :dblthumb:

Since right now there are limited trails to make it worth your time and money. If ya want to just trail ride your buggy we could talk about it.
Still have spots open for trail rigs and SxS.

We have to show the owners that we are bringing in responsible drivers and show numbers on each ride we do so next spring/summer we will can openmore trails and obstacles.

This is a chance for us to show the owners that we want a new park.

Hit me up if you want to go or if you have any questions

Mike D

Already have plans to ride AOP that weekend, but if they have another ride in the near future I'll bring my Jeep and Rhino.

crawler nut said:
Im not an Face Book but my wife showed me, The owners of Durham town Plantation is looking at buying Snow Bird. For those that dont know where Snow Bird is, it is a very large piece of property that a portion accually joins the old Tellico park. They are looking for feedback.
They ask would you come ride?
What do you think about the purchace?
People are really giving great feedback as to the purchace.
Those of you that are on Face Book please get on there an give some great feedback. Tell them what they want to hear. This is a beautifull place, if we dont try our best we cant say well there just isnt any where to ride. GET ON FACE BOOK AN CHECK IT OUT

RENAME this title of the thread New NC 4x4 ohv park durham Tellico and see how much more attention you get. :)

So I have tried to post this on Pirate a few times and now I am posting it here. Not sure why it won't post on Pirate????

First thanks for the offer to help cut trails. That's awesome and I will let Big Mike know.
First Durhamtown is not buying Snowbird but entering into a partnership with them.
The invite only ride was limited to 50 rigs split to 25 4x4s and 25 SxS. We then split the 25 4x4s into 2 groups 12 buggys and 13 trail (DD) slightly mod rigs. Now the buggys will have the whole park to ride but the area that has the hard rocks and trails is about 50 acres and we think that is where they will spend most of their time at and since there are limited trails and obstacles we thought it would be smart to limit the buggys so your not sitting around waiting all day. Now the DD that are tagged will be able to access the state road that goes over to Upper Tellico, now Snowbird has always owned that land and in the past posted signs and some people tore them down so most people believed that upper Tellico belonged to the state. Now after Tellico closed and a lot of trails were destroyed by the state they had to give Snowbird an easement to their land (upper Tellico) and with that agreement only tagged vehicles are allowed to use that road. Anyone caught using the state road that doesn't have a tag will get fined and the agreement will be no more and the gate will be locked by the state.
Mike McCommons has talked to both the state and TU and understands what they want and believes that a common ground can be achieved. With that before opening to the public there will be a lot of work done to help keep the silt out of the streams. The BMPs that both the state and TU want has to be built and put in place.
We are planning to build more trails in the 50 acre area.
If anyone has any questions please feel free to email me at [email protected].
Thanks
Mike D