• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Losing oil pressure, whats my fix!

nealcj8

I am running a LQ9 with a F-body pan. When we were at AOP this weekend I was leaned pretty far over on my side and vertical a coulpe of times and I saw my oil pressure drop to 0 a couple of times. Whats my fix? Accumulator, new oil pan, or a baffle in my pan???

get a baffled pan and an Accumulator. its cheap insurance. Maybe all you need is the pan...maybe all you need is 1 quart over full......but maybe cost a bunch of money in this case if its wrong. I had to run both in my old buggy. The Kevco pan didn't fix my oiling issues. It took the Accumulator!

Get rid of the Fram filter 1st. Plenty of people have had issues with the filter collapsing. It doesn't sound like it will solve your issue completely but it's cheap insurance before it messes up the motor when it's sitting on flat ground.

sledneck said:
Get rid of the Fram filter 1st. Plenty of people have had issues with the filter collapsing. It doesn't sound like it will solve your issue completely but it's cheap insurance before it messes up the motor when it's sitting on flat ground.

x2 . Absolute **** quality. They have a cardboard disc inside them where other filters have a stainless steel plate. It may not affect short term performance, but any company that would skimp like that can :gtfo: