• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ls motor builds

constant pressure

Im new to the ls motors and Im thinking about swaping to a lq4 motor in my trail rig was wondering if people are just doing a cam swap or what to get a little more out of dem and who are they using? I was running a old school sbc 408 with roller cam, aftermarket heads ported n polished with edelbrocks pro flo injection any specs would be helpful Thanks

Re: Ls motors

I have a L92 Ls3 for sale! Mast has a kit to make 530hp (cam valve springs injectors and tune) pushrods good bolts and your ready!

Rockwells607 said:
What's the scoop with the 4.8 motor, any good ?

there is an article somewhere of soemone doing 700hp dyno pulls on a turbo 4.8 like 100 times without blowing it up. I've seen people de-stroke their bigger motors with a 4.8 crank and being able to run higher RPM's on those motors

Rockwells607 said:

I had a half ton pickup with a 4.8. It was a pig compared to the 5.3. I hear they like turbos and rpms though.

TN-CTD said:
there is an article somewhere of soemone doing 700hp dyno pulls on a turbo 4.8 like 100 times without blowing it up. I've seen people de-stroke their bigger motors with a 4.8 crank and being able to run higher RPM's on those motors
Hot rod magazine did one like this they made a little over 1000 crank hp on a stock bottom end 4.8 until the stock fuel system wouldn't keep up. I'll try to find a link to it.

Rockwells607 said:

They have something like 275 hp which is pretty damn decent, but the torque numbers are way down from a 5.3......i've seen them complete for like $300-400 bucks, would def be an upgrade over a stock tbi350 or anything old school like that.

Ok so for $1850 motor will be assembled with the following:
4.8L baby LS1 (5.3 block) /853 heads LS1 Intake and Fuel Rail/ Comp- Cam, Push Rods, lifters/ LFE Springs/ All new gaskets top to bottom/ 170 Thermostat/ Double Roller New Timing Chain/ New Harmonic Balancer/ New Water Pump/New Alternator/ all sensors new. Stock ECU and harness ready to go. Motor will come painted and looking pretty.

I was lookin at this from a local guy , dont know a thing about em

Rockwells607 said:
Ok so for $1850 motor will be assembled with the following:
4.8L baby LS1 (5.3 block) /853 heads LS1 Intake and Fuel Rail/ Comp- Cam, Push Rods, lifters/ LFE Springs/ All new gaskets top to bottom/ 170 Thermostat/ Double Roller New Timing Chain/ New Harmonic Balancer/ New Water Pump/New Alternator/ all sensors new. Stock ECU and harness ready to go. Motor will come painted and looking pretty.

I was lookin at this from a local guy , dont know a thing about em

$1250 maybe

So I'm building a rear engine v8 bouncer this winter for a guy and was looking at options for motor, this popped up, he wants to start off with something decent but not Rediculous for power so it doesn't destroy everything