• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ls motor builds

constant pressure

Im new to the ls motors and Im thinking about swaping to a lq4 motor in my trail rig was wondering if people are just doing a cam swap or what to get a little more out of dem and who are they using? I was running a old school sbc 408 with roller cam, aftermarket heads ported n polished with edelbrocks pro flo injection any specs would be helpful Thanks

Re: Ls motors

I have a L92 Ls3 for sale! Mast has a kit to make 530hp (cam valve springs injectors and tune) pushrods good bolts and your ready!

Rockwells607 said:
What's the scoop with the 4.8 motor, any good ?

there is an article somewhere of soemone doing 700hp dyno pulls on a turbo 4.8 like 100 times without blowing it up. I've seen people de-stroke their bigger motors with a 4.8 crank and being able to run higher RPM's on those motors

Rockwells607 said:

I had a half ton pickup with a 4.8. It was a pig compared to the 5.3. I hear they like turbos and rpms though.

TN-CTD said:
there is an article somewhere of soemone doing 700hp dyno pulls on a turbo 4.8 like 100 times without blowing it up. I've seen people de-stroke their bigger motors with a 4.8 crank and being able to run higher RPM's on those motors
Hot rod magazine did one like this they made a little over 1000 crank hp on a stock bottom end 4.8 until the stock fuel system wouldn't keep up. I'll try to find a link to it.

Rockwells607 said:

They have something like 275 hp which is pretty damn decent, but the torque numbers are way down from a 5.3......i've seen them complete for like $300-400 bucks, would def be an upgrade over a stock tbi350 or anything old school like that.

Ok so for $1850 motor will be assembled with the following:
4.8L baby LS1 (5.3 block) /853 heads LS1 Intake and Fuel Rail/ Comp- Cam, Push Rods, lifters/ LFE Springs/ All new gaskets top to bottom/ 170 Thermostat/ Double Roller New Timing Chain/ New Harmonic Balancer/ New Water Pump/New Alternator/ all sensors new. Stock ECU and harness ready to go. Motor will come painted and looking pretty.

I was lookin at this from a local guy , dont know a thing about em

Rockwells607 said:
Ok so for $1850 motor will be assembled with the following:
4.8L baby LS1 (5.3 block) /853 heads LS1 Intake and Fuel Rail/ Comp- Cam, Push Rods, lifters/ LFE Springs/ All new gaskets top to bottom/ 170 Thermostat/ Double Roller New Timing Chain/ New Harmonic Balancer/ New Water Pump/New Alternator/ all sensors new. Stock ECU and harness ready to go. Motor will come painted and looking pretty.

I was lookin at this from a local guy , dont know a thing about em

$1250 maybe

So I'm building a rear engine v8 bouncer this winter for a guy and was looking at options for motor, this popped up, he wants to start off with something decent but not Rediculous for power so it doesn't destroy everything

Latest posts