• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

LS or SBC

redneckengineered said:
Is that what you tell your g/f? :flipoff1:

What the **** you tell all your boy friends when you show them your dyno sheet and they ask you why is there all these cum stains on it ???? :flipgotcha: :flipper:

Bubba1 said:
ok since you know. I just have a 468 BBC around 275 hp so I will stay out of it I don't have the knowledge you obviously have thanks for correcting me. What motor do you have and how many have you built?
[/quote.

I'm currently building a 6 liter for my new Buggie, this was after I decided not to run a 396 I had that had come from a friends race car.I've built more than it could possible matter on here.don't really see the reasoning for the question tho I wasn't talking smack about yours, I'm sure it is a strong motor just simply saying 800 horse is hard to get. It can be done of course but it's not as simple as just bolting on some ****. Easily done with blowers, turbos, and nitrous hard to do normally aspirated without an ass load of cash.

I'm not well versed in the engine building side, I stick to the rest of it all for the most part as my wallet dictates I dont' try to build an engine over 400 horse. That said, I put on mud races for lots of years and knew lots of guys with lots of motor. Several had 632's with north of 800 natural aspirated, but also had $25K in them. Others were in the upper 500" range and were putting down 800's on the dyno and showing out in the pit. The guys with the upper 400" motors were around that mid 6 to mid 7 range. Not saying that you can't get to 800, especially on a dyno where you can make it read so many things. FWIW, the guys and their numbers are pretty much as they ran them in their trucks, not doing a dyno day to get a cool number adn print it out to show everyone.

All in all, I see some guys that take internets way to serious, and a **** stirrer that is having fun getting the pot stirred. I sit back and read and watch and then go to the shop and work on my underpowered junk. laughing1

Elliott said:
400-450 horse will climb whatever you want and be very reliable if geared right
Geared right? Ha if you believe that **** be at Lewis Chapel at 8AM. I know some guys that have street jeeps that say the same thing.

sorry did not mean to upset you ;D I thought hp was where it was now you have me confused

musselman said:
Please give me the definition of a 3/4 cam
3/4 Cam is the only way to go. Unless you can afford to put a full race in it. Back in the old days thats what they called cams. 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, Full. I was just sayin that to mess around. Glad someone got it (DoctorDick) ha ha

Latest posts