• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

LS or SBC

tbacon38 said:
I seen your Youtube videos Redneckengineered you got a badass LS. How do you hold it with all that wheel speed? Nice frame in your avatar. Who did you buy it from? If it won't hold 2.30/1.90 valves I wouldn't have it.

Thanks man, I drank the LS cool-aid and now I'm sold if you can't tell. Frame in my avatar is my new Wide Open Design **** wagon. Got a nasty little Mast LS2 stroker going in it. Fully forged rotating assembly, LS3 heads, car intake, etc. Dyno'd at 532hp 510 ft lbs, no bench racing bullshit. We kept it low compression 10:1. If we wanted to get stupid and add a blower the option is there but frankly I got no desire to have any more power. My last motor (the one in the videos) was a 480hp 6.0 iron block and it was hard to handle. Instant on power.

edit: dyno run on new motor

Mast Motorsports Stroked LS2 Dyno Pull, 402 Stroker

CHASMAN9 said:
Question for the LS guru's. Can you make an LS motor's rpm's back down quicker, after you let off the gas. Example; running up a hill and let off the gas to get into reverse quickly, and the idle is still up at like 2500 rpm's and you have to wait like 3-5 seconds. I know the computer is keeping the rev's up, but how can you get them down quicker? I know, some smart ass is going to say "don't go in reverse you :gay: &%@#(&^%", well, :flipoff1: I am just looking for a simple answer. On my SBC motor, it would return as quick as it went up. :dunno:

Sounds like a tune issue to me. My power is instant on instant off. If it was like you say there's no way I would drive it like that. Sounds like a great way to end up on your lid. Mine is DBW not sure if that makes a difference.

Tub Rock Gray Rock February Frenzy 2010

redneckengineered said:
Thanks man, I drank the LS cool-aid and now I'm sold if you can't tell. Frame in my avatar is my new Wide Open Design **** wagon. Got a nasty little Mast LS2 stroker going in it. Fully forged rotating assembly, LS3 heads, car intake, etc. Dyno'd at 532hp 510 ft lbs, no bench racing bullshit. We kept it low compression 10:1. If we wanted to get stupid and add a blower the option is there but frankly I got no desire to have any more power. My last motor (the one in the videos) was a 480hp 6.0 iron block and it was hard to handle. Instant on power.

Thats cool you buy everything like that I will see ya grayrock this weekend and do a little benchracing with ya so you call it really thought that much work would put out higher numbers but thats not bad for a little block those mast motors aint cheap neither must have cost a lil more than 2000 huh

tbacon38 said:
Thats cool you buy everything like that I will see ya grayrock this weekend and do a little benchracing with ya so you call it really thought that much work would put out higher numbers but thats not bad for a little block those mast motors aint cheap neither must have cost a lil more than 2000 huh

Bump the compression and you'd be well over 600hp. Lemme guess you got 2k in your 8000rpm BBC? molaugh Got any dyno numbers? I won't be at Gray Rock ain't got nothing to ride. I'll let you drive the new digger when it's done you can put the BBC up for sale afterwards :****:

redneckengineered said:
Bump the compression and you'd be well over 600hp. Lemme guess you got 2k in your 8000rpm BBC? molaugh Got any dyno numbers? I won't be at Gray Rock ain't got nothing to ride. I'll let you drive the new digger when it's done you can put the BBC up for sale afterwards :****:
Yeah you can bet your ass that will never happen dam man my sister in laws grocery better has a ls in it, when you talk about bumping the compression what are you going to go to, and I see your numbers are at the crank not on the ground putting mine on a chassis dyno in a month or so I will let you know what it puts to the ground not at the crank, I can already see this is a endless battle so you run what you got and I will always run what I got so I'm letting it be at that, I will start a thread with my numbers so check it out when you see it.

tbacon38 said:
Yeah you can bet your ass that will never happen dam man my sister in laws grocery better has a ls in it, when you talk about bumping the compression what are you going to go to, and I see your numbers are at the crank not on the ground putting mine on a chassis dyno in a month or so I will let you know what it puts to the ground not at the crank, I can already see this is a endless battle so you run what you got and I will always run what I got so I'm letting it be at that, I will start a thread with my numbers so check it out when you see it.

HAHA LS motors come in grocery getters. I'm not quite sure I follow that argument. I can't wait to see the dyno numbers on your $2k 8000rpm BBC please PM me so I don't miss the thread :****: I hope you saved your receipts.

redneckengineered said:
HAHA LS motors come in grocery getters. I'm not quite sure I follow that argument. I can't wait to see the dyno numbers on your $2k 8000rpm BBC please PM me so I don't miss the thread :****: I hope you saved your receipts.
You will be the first one to know I promise, never said I had 2000 in it you started that bullshit you let me know when you get your store bought buggy done so you I can show ya.

Sorry for the language but I'm tired of this stupid ass redneck ain't even got a buggy ready yet and still talking **** so I apologize again to everyone else on this board I'm not usually like this but can't stand a guy that talks **** with nothing in the woods.

redneckengineered said:

Weak

tbacon38 said:
Sorry for the language but I'm tired of this stupid ass redneck ain't even got a buggy ready yet and still talking **** so I apologize again to everyone else on this board I'm not usually like this but can't stand a guy that talks **** with nothing in the woods.

you_mad.jpeg

Just having a little fun, nothing like talking **** about old skool chebbys to get the natives riled. Chill out and take your own advice :woot: :fish:

tbacon38 said:
I dont mean to piss anybody off I know this is such a serious website just having a little fun no harm intended :dblthumb:

I'm ordering new flux capacitors for the Go Devil f-head 4-banger in my

That does it, I'm ordering new flux capacitors for the Go Devil 4-banger in my Willys and puttin' y'all to shame :****:

As I said before ,bring it to the woods and lets see what you got.Anybody can talk **** ,but can you back it up.COME ON.

redneckengineered said:
Sounds like a tune issue to me. My power is instant on instant off. If it was like you say there's no way I would drive it like that. Sounds like a great way to end up on your lid. Mine is DBW not sure if that makes a difference.

I want to know why you didn't shift into second or third gear ,the tires would have heated up alot faster????

redneckengineered said:

SO what your saying is that they can TUNE that out? :dunno: Yah it does bother me that if I have to jump back into reverse and at higher than idle rpm's, it would sling shot me backwards. NOT GOOD. My SBC would come up and go right back down without issue. thumb.gif

CHASMAN9 said:
SO what your saying is that they can TUNE that out? :dunno: Yah it does bother me that if I have to jump back into reverse and at higher than idle rpm's, it would sling shot me backwards. NOT GOOD. My SBC would come up and go right back down without issue. thumb.gif

I'd ask a tuner about it for sure. That ain't right. I've been around quite a few LS motors and none of them had that issue. Are you running DBW or cable?

Also, just for the record, the 383 you had in your old buggy was the only Gen I I've ever been around that got me excited. That was a bad sumbitch. Most of the engine numbers thrown around here are exaggerated so bad but you could tell that digger was putting out the ponies.