• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

LTB grooving patterns?

:corn::corn::corn: X2!!!-----(except the freetime thing, and groover)....I just picked up my backordered 35" LTB's today:cheer::cheer:, and am looking to cut up the centers abit.... PICS anyone?????

Wow, you took a sheitload of rubber outta those!!!! :eek: how do they work??? Would you change anything???

I kept it pretty simple on mine. With the soft compound, I didn't want to cut too much and have them shred too easy.

100_0044.jpg

100_0045.jpg

100_0046.jpg

I did this mostly for snow wheeling and wet rocks, the LTBs grab everything I need them to already, except ice and wet rock.

I too like what you did to yours fordzuki....Anyone else have any other shots of grooved LTB's???

I noticed you do not touch the center lugs? I like what you did with the outside lugs. I think I will try to copy. How deep are the grooves?

The center lugs were just too purdy to groove. :redneck: No reason really, I too had some spare time and a groover, and just thought I'd play around a little. The grooves are about 3/16ths to 1/4" deep.

Not to hijack, but do the 35s have the siping in them like the bigger tires? The only thing that dissapointed me about the 34s is they don't have all the exact features of the bigger LTBs. :corn:

Not to hijack, but do the 35s have the siping in them like the bigger tires? The only thing that dissapointed me about the 34s is they don't have all the exact features of the bigger LTBs. :corn:

Funny you mention that---the 35's actually say "Bigger LTB" right on 'em!!!:haha: Yes, they have some siping in the lugs, not sure if as much as the much larger ones... What I like is the side lugs actually wrap down some from the tread, like almost 1/2 way down the sidewall......:awesomework: What I am abit concerned about is they do run narrow---10" tread section width with maybe total of 11.5" bulge to bulge.:eeek: Their height measured 34 3/8" with no rim....haven't measured them mounted yet...I should do that.

bear in mind I am comparing these to 1/2 worn out 36" x 12.5 TSL's; they measured 11" tread width, with 12 1/2" B to B.....and are the same height at approx 34 3/8" no rim laying flat on ground....

The center lugs were just too purdy to groove. :redneck: No reason really, I too had some spare time and a groover, and just thought I'd play around a little. The grooves are about 3/16ths to 1/4" deep.

Was there a noticeable improvement over not grooved?

Funny you mention that---the 35's actually say "Bigger LTB" right on 'em!!!:haha: Yes, they have some siping in the lugs, not sure if as much as the much larger ones... What I like is the side lugs actually wrap down some from the tread, like almost 1/2 way down the sidewall......:awesomework: What I am abit concerned about is they do run narrow---10" tread section width with maybe total of 11.5" bulge to bulge.:eeek: Their height measured 34 3/8" with no rim....haven't measured them mounted yet...I should do that.

Cool, the sidelug thing was what got me, not sure if they really help, but they sure look like they would. :redneck:

Was there a noticeable improvement over not grooved?

I would have to say yes, but it's only really noticeable on wet rock.

I will be trying 'em out at the end of the month.....I personally prefer a little wider tire, but we'll see how these do.