• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Lug patterns

Flexy Backhand

something cool?
The rear end in my 80 chev went out( 10 bolt) and Im wanting to build something stronger as oppsed to rebuilding the stock 10...not positive but i was thinking 12 bolt or maayyybee... a ford 9...only problem is i need to somehow keep the same lug pattern 5 on 5 i believe, since i spent so much on wheels....is the 12 bolt or 9 inch even an option?? or Im I stuck with a 10 bolt??:corn:

2wd?

You could always have custom drilled axles for a 9-inch. A 10-bolt with good stuff in it is a match for a stock 12-bolt. Anything can be done, it's just a matter of money.

You can find a non full floating 14 bolt in a 6 lug pattern.. I have seen a few and thats an upgrade for sure.. I was going to do this a long awhile back its in newer pickups try like 90's and up..

You can find a non full floating 14 bolt in a 6 lug pattern.. I have seen a few and thats an upgrade for sure.. I was going to do this a long awhile back its in newer pickups try like 90's and up..

5 lug :;

i would say 9" and get it redrilled. there is a JK dana 44 in the FS section thats 5 on 5, but i doubt its wide enough.

thanks guys.. yea its 2wd :(

chevyengine005.jpg

thanks zukkev.. I have been making an effort to keep them fresh and hot..lol:redneck:

5 lug :;

i would say 9" and get it redrilled. there is a JK dana 44 in the FS section thats 5 on 5, but i doubt its wide enough.

Could always use the 9.5 from the 454SS truck. A bit hard to find though.:D

BIGGER IS BETTER THAN just enuff; If your interested, a HUGH paper wate, ( 1990 f 350 rear, Dana 70 nw drums, Oe 4.10's) yes it's an 8 bolt pattren, but I'm sure someone in here could make up a new set of axles frya.

really as long as you dont put slicks on it a 12 bolt is plenty strong,and your lug pattern is 5 on 5. any 2wd chevy truck from 73 to 75 should have the 12 bolt and be a bolt in, if ya wanna run a 9 inch,i think(and i may be wrong) that a big lincoln rear is close to the same width,then re-drill axles for your pattern.4x4 rears will go in there but they are 6 lug,and a different width housing so the 5 lug axles dont just swap in...

10 bolts in trucks generally suck, but for street strip, an 11-second rig without a transbrake could live with a 10 bolt. It's weight that kills them, not so much horsepower. I've even seen them live in 10-second
Grand Nationals.

Hi All:

I don't know if this is possible, but what about bolt-on wheel spacers that would allow use of a six-lug axle with his five-lug wheels? Does such an item exist??

Regards,

Alan

-----------------------------------------------
The rear end in my 80 chev went out( 10 bolt) and Im wanting to build something stronger as oppsed to rebuilding the stock 10...not positive but i was thinking 12 bolt or maayyybee... a ford 9...only problem is i need to somehow keep the same lug pattern 5 on 5 i believe, since i spent so much on wheels....is the 12 bolt or 9 inch even an option?? or Im I stuck with a 10 bolt??:corn:

Hi All:

I don't know if this is possible, but what about bolt-on wheel spacers that would allow use of a six-lug axle with his five-lug wheels? Does such an item exist??

Regards,

Alan

-----------------------------------------------

i was thinking same thing but with my 285 rear tire it would make the tire hit the finder.especially if I ever want to go lower...