• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

M/T Tire Debate

I have Trxus for my heep and it is a great tire especially in the snow. The tread is a little soft for DD but once you get off the pavement they've been my favorite by far.

The Trxus is quite a bit more money then the others on the market but it does look like it would probably be the best in performance.... Im still thinking on this deal. I got time to make a choice.

The price is what's keeping me with TSL's on my 4runner instead of trxus. The trxus on my heap are 31's and the runner needs 37's....money, money, money.

7 or 8 years ago the Trxus was the ****. They were cheap and worked good. They were soft which was awesome in the snow but killed sidewalls very regularly. Now, they're more expensive than the Nittos, Goodyears, and everything else. They would NOT be on my list to consider for an all around DD tire.

7 or 8 years ago the Trxus was the ****. They were cheap and worked good. They were soft which was awesome in the snow but killed sidewalls very regularly. Now, they're more expensive than the Nittos, Goodyears, and everything else. They would NOT be on my list to consider for an all around DD tire.

Ya that was kinda my conclusion to this thread... I think I am going to give the Nitto a shot in the 33" flavor. We will see how they work for me.

Ya that was kinda my conclusion to this thread... I think I am going to give the Nitto a shot in the 33" flavor. We will see how they work for me.

Honestly I'm anxious to try out a set of Nittos as well. They keep it pretty quiet, but did you know they're a Toyo product?

Honestly I'm anxious to try out a set of Nittos as well. They keep it pretty quiet, but did you know they're a Toyo product?

I didn't know that, interesting info there. I am not a fan of the Toyo MT but that does not mean anything for the Nitto. My situation sucks because I want the best tire I can get because the tires will mostly likely weather check and rot before I see the end of the tread life... I just don't log many miles on this thing. We will see, Ill probably end up buying tires in the next month or so.

I didn't know that, interesting info there. I am not a fan of the Toyo MT but that does not mean anything for the Nitto. My situation sucks because I want the best tire I can get because the tires will mostly likely weather check and rot before I see the end of the tread life... I just don't log many miles on this thing. We will see, Ill probably end up buying tires in the next month or so.

I'm kinda in the same situation and I am wanting tires for my dodge that won't see many miles either.

The trail grappler is a go all around tire from my experience with them. I have them on my trail rig and they have been a better performing tire then the iroks I am use to running.

My boss has them on his DD. he has had no complaints about them. I have noticed they wear fast for him. It's about a 50 mile round trip to and from work and the two years he has had them I as he has one more year left on them.