• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Machine Shops

maxx

I know I've seen some info on this before here,but couldnt find what I was looking for.

I need a crank from a 1.8l honda motor reground, looking for a shop in the auburn area to do it. Spun a bearing and has a nice groove so it needs to be welded, reground.

Talk to Mike at Auburn Auto Machine. I do not know if he does it there. But, he will know where to get it done locally.

Ya I've heard of them. tried getting them on the phone but I think their phone was down. I fired off an e-mail but am yet to hear back

got an e-mail back from auburn auto machine, They quoted $150. we may go with this but I've been tol a number of times that its closer to $100

got an e-mail back from auburn auto machine, They quoted $150. we may go with this but I've been tol a number of times that its closer to $100

But there's peace of mind in knowing it's done right. Mike does ALL of my machine work.

But there's peace of mind in knowing it's done right. Mike does ALL of my machine work.

Ya I told him to spend the few extra bucks to get it done there bases on all the people that have given them a good recommendation. so he went down there, and they said they couldn't machine it to stock spec.

I'm not sure if there was a mix up in communication but they had to weld the thing up so I dont know why they couldn't machine it to stock size? I'm not sure they got that it had a spun bearing and a small gouge in it.

Regardless.... I guess he talked to some place called fluid motorsports and they have a stock crank in good shape for $70 so he's going to pick that up.

Thanks guys.

Latest posts