• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Manastash meadows up by the rocks.

You clowns sure have your panties all wadded up tight over the whole "buggy" thing Get over and focus on whats the real issue here and thats people tearing **** up and all of the associated issues that go with that.

WHO is mikki? and why is she not here herself to explain wtf is going on?

She is one of the ORV Education & Enforcement Rangers for the Cle Elum RD...check out the entire ORV crew:

http://threedouglass.com/orv_crew.html

Cle Elum Ranger District
Okanogan and Wenatchee National Forests
803 West 2nd St.
Cle Elum, WA 98922

509-852-1100 -- Main District Office

Last edited:
You clowns sure have your panties all wadded up tight over the whole "buggy" thing Get over and focus on whats the real issue here and thats people tearing **** up and all of the associated issues that go with that.

This is exactly what I was trying to convey to Merrick on the PNW4WDA forum...the fact that Mikki automatically assumed it was a buggy is very disturbing to me. Apparently I am not the only one with concerns.

All she had to say was that a highly capable/well equipped rig caused this damage...that doesn't automatically mean it was a buggy.

Being locked front & rear tremendously improves a rigs capablility :awesomework:

There is a high probability that the vehicle is as stated based on many factors. Snow depth at the time the damage was done would suggest that only a very capable vehicle could of even gotten to the area damaged. Based on observations of damage not shown (no pic's) suggest that it would take extreme articulation to climb off the trail as the vehicle did. Based on enforcement ciatitions of the past suggest that vehicle. It was not a small rig, perhaps buggy was to strong of a statement as there is an abundance of larger rigs using the trails today. But Off Road Vehicle applies. In this case it was an illegally operated Off Road Vehicle.

Sounds like every Yota owner I've ever wheeled with......."Man, how does he do that?" :;

Other than faint acquaintances and campfire stories I got nuthin:booo: Just figured it out... the ol cabin trail.

Well, maybe if they're old acquaintances, or whatever, you could do your part and do a little proddin' for the facts...just a thought...:corn:

This is exactly what I was trying to convey to Merrick on the PNW4WDA forum...the fact that Mikki automatically assumed it was a buggy is very disturbing to me. Apparently I am not the only one with concerns.

All she had to say was that a highly capable/well equipped rig caused this damage...that doesn't automatically mean it was a buggy.

Being locked front & rear tremendously improves a rigs capablility :awesomework:

Being PC is so very important these days. As I said before its always been "those jeepers". Kind of nice to see a change:haha: (no not really)

She is the ORV Education & Enforcement Ranger for the Cle Elum RD...

Cle Elum Ranger District
Okanogan and Wenatchee National Forests
803 West 2nd St.
Cle Elum, WA 98922

Mikki Douglass
509-852-1051 -- ORV Desk
[email protected]

509-852-1100 -- Main District Office
thanks.

i would have to say...education isnt going so well. singling out one specific group isnt to smart....

No I believe the "Gunhole" was closed about 2000 or so. It used to be a blast to go thru there. There was a wall of roots that only the most lucky could make it up. The area was put to bed and you can hardly tell it use to be a trail.

All of the pic's are from the same damage area. We took pic's at the start of the damage and worked our way up to where "whoever" (small group maybe as many as three rigs) turned around.

We did not get pic's of the other areas (2).

Longer than that. More like early 90's

Well, maybe if they're old acquaintances, or whatever, you could do your part and do a little proddin' for the facts...just a thought...:corn:

I didn't put two and two together until now. Next time I'll throw on my Super Man cape and predict it.

I will ask the person in charge of the workparty that closed it.

I can remember going up there in the late 90's and it was closed then.

Whats funny 2 years ago I was out there doing my solo run--and I parked on the buck medows side where the trail was closed and walked a large part of the old trail..

Being PC is so very important these days. As I said before its always been "those jeepers". Kind of nice to see a change:haha: (no not really)

Yuck it up old timer :fawkdancesmiley:

I just don't want Mikki thinking that a bunch of buggies caused all this damage, when it is entirely possible that a well equipped toyota or jeep or <insert rig brand> could have caused the mess.

I'd like to be able to introduce myself to Mikki someday & not have her secretly think that I was the one that caused the damage...just because my rig is buggy'ish.

:awesomework:

Latest posts