• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Masking Tape

John Galbreath Jr.

38 Special & Solo Buggy
Yes, in the Tech section :flipoff1: :flipoff1:

Masking tape always kicks my ass. I never buy it when I need it, but it is never over a year old. The shop is not heated unless I am in there. Never air contitioned. I use good 3M tan masking tape. Both 3/4" wide and 2" wide. EVERY time I go to use it, it is just a pain in the ass. Always tears from the edges. Has anybody found tape that has a better shelf life. Blue painters tape?

I've built 100s of houses and never had a problem with blue painters tape. It's numbered for different stickies so when you take it off it won't take paint with it. You can get the kind that really sticks or just barely sticks. Get the medium kind and it unrolls easily with out tearing.

I saw on some TV show that 10 seconds in the microwave and it's good as new..I too went to blue but still have several tan rolls that I'll be nuking

Re: Re: Masking Tape

I keep green and blue on hand .. I've got a few rolls that stay in the shop that's not even close to climate controlled and they are still like new I know one roll is like two years old and still is just like the day I purchased

sent from a payphone

Also, stop dropping the roll on the floor or bench. Small nicks in the edge of the roll will make the tape rip when you don't want it to. ;)

Donutfj80 said:
Also, stop dropping the roll on the floor or bench. Small nicks in the edge of the roll will make the tape rip when you don't want it to. ;)

I don't need any smart ass remarks. :flipoff1:

How did you know I drop ****. :fish:

While we are on dropping ****, does the blue and green always roll under the fab table like the tan?

JohnG said:
I don't need any smart ass remarks. :flipoff1:

How did you know I drop ****. :fish:

While we are on dropping ****, does the blue and green always roll under the fab table like the tan?

Only when working on non paying jobs for your friends

The green has worked great for me for many years. I can't say I've had any with much shelf life tho. We use several rolls a week.