• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Matt O's Ultra4 Buggy - EOR Racing #4462

Re: Matt O's Buggy Updates & Essentially Offroad KOH Rebuild & Prep

1TONZR2 said:
Dynatrac cover?

Yep, nothing else will fit a pro rock.

Killer vid Cole, starting in the back is kinda uneventfull unless you are Shannon. ;D We passed a lot of rigs on Lap 2.

blacksheep10 said:
that 1" hole made it easy for the pit guys to pour fluid back into when he dumped it all out on the rollovers every lap :flipoff1:

For reference.

Dynatrac is sending me a new cover free of charge, thought that was pretty cool of em. Been mounting new wheels this week, will get some pics up by the weekend.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Did you sell your Walkers already?

Yeah the Walker Evans sold in a day or two. They are dismounted and two of my new wheels are mounted. Doing the other two tonight and the spare Thurs

Re: Matt O's Buggy Updates & Essentially Offroad KOH Upgrades

Matt O. said:
Yeah the Walker Evans sold in a day or two. They are dismounted and two of my new wheels are mounted. Doing the other two tonight and the spare Thurs
I was confused but didn't ask. At the race I saw the WE's on the rig and thought you had 2 sets. What did you get?

blacksheep10 said:
I was confused but didn't ask. At the race I saw the WE's on the rig and thought you had 2 sets. What did you get?

I sold my wheels and was supposed to get the new racelines before the race. But there was a delay in powder coating so I had to race on the sold wheels. In fact, new owner is meeting me today to get them.

I went with the Raceline Monsters in Black w/ an AL ring. I think they look sick

I will be interested to see how you like the aluminum ring. There have been some issues with cut tires and the aluminum ring. Greg used to always try to sell me on them, now he has changed his mind on it. He and I had a pretty long talk about them at SMORR.

bigsilly said:
I will be interested to see how you like the aluminum ring. There have been some issues with cut tires and the aluminum ring. Greg used to always try to sell me on them, now he has changed his mind on it. He and I had a pretty long talk about them at SMORR.

Explain?
I like the aluminum rings and think they will hold up better than the ugly ass steel ones that everybody seems to run.

Those steel rings look cheesy as hell. I have seen tons of them ruined. I noticed Derek West was running AL rings at the last race...

Cole said:
Explain?
I like the aluminum rings and think they will hold up better than the ugly ass steel ones that everybody seems to run.
I honestly do not remember the specifics of what he said, I just remember him talking about some tire failures that related to the aluminum ring. He mentioned the possibility of making a hard plastic ring :****: The steel ones will bend and you can hammer it back, the downside to it though is when it bends you can lose air pressure.

Some You Tube Vids I found from SMORR:

KOH qualifier (6)

We are about the 1:50 part, walked right up and never backed up.

KOH qualifier (10)

We start about :58. You can tell where we ruined the diff cover in this one and almost flopped, but still got up after a few tries.

onetoncrawler said:
:eek: that was a lick on the front diff

In the first vid we were behind Levi and watched him do the same thing. I told Daniel I didn't want to do that and did on the next lap

Juan_Hong_Loe said:
Yeah my teeth still hurt from that hit! ;D

I'll post some better pics of the diff cover, it is funny

Thought this was cool. NOT bad for a woods race IMO.

very cool I was curious what kinds of speeds racers were hitting