• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Matt O's Ultra4 Buggy - EOR Racing #4462

Re: Matt O's Buggy Updates & Essentially Offroad KOH Rebuild & Prep

Beyer said:
I want the Ramjet 350 cam because Jim's performance already has a computer tune for those specs. Thanks though.

All good in the hood. :dblthumb:

Thanks guys. John, i will shoot you a PM.

MattO, sorry about derailing your thread.

Back to your regularly scheduled program. booyang

NP Beyer.

This reminds me I am going to get this unit tommorrow. Jimmy has done some killer work on it. The rear shock mounts are so sweet, not my buggy in the background BTW :eek: He is working on a dash now..

[attachment deleted by admin]

Not a big story here two nights of work a little aluminum ... ready for Matt to go jihad on

Damn Jimmy thats pimpin.

U do it so bling Jimmy! I will get some more pics of the changes tommorrow and try to get some of those super duper spy pics of the other stuff in the shop ;D

What time ya goin tomorrow? holla at me, I may catch a ride if ya dont mind.

Got the buggy back on Wed and took it out to MMORV. Had several problems, alternator was not charging (had to be jumped out) and my motor is running like piss, lean as hell. Falls on it's face when you hit the gas but in the higher rpms it is fine. Think it needs a new fuel pump and filter. I have already started tearing it down to freshen it up. Cleaning, paint, skins, maintenance, new dash wiring, etc.

Here is a pic of it on the trails, you can see some of the new tubework. Also a pic of the rear shock mounts. Jimmy did a killer job as usual, really happen with the changes he made. I will get some pics of the dash with the gauges/switches installed and the killer snap in winshield he made me.

Juan_Hong_Loe said:
No pics of the ram guard? ;D

It is a custom high clearance unit now. I have no idea what I hit but I was driving by braile like Cole. I blame 2 months of not wheeling! AC must thought I was a tard for my lack of driving.

Matt O. said:
I have no idea what I hit but I was driving by braile like Cole.

Whatever I drove good this weekend. Hell I didn't have 3rd gear to hammer on it.

Well mine is full stripped down. Body is going to paint today, picking up some 1/8" al for a new roof and new tail light mounts also. I have vacation to burn so I am taking off Friday to cut some unneeeded stuff off the chassis, weld some small tabs on and get it cleaned up really well.

Thanks for Adam Ragland, went to his shop last night and he cut out my roof and rear light mounts with his plasma. I had it templated out on a sheet of 1/8" aluminum and he cut it out quick for me. Plasma's are cool! I am dropping the body off today to be painted so that should be done soon. Have tommorrow off to do some more welding and grinding on it. Probably work on it some over the weekend too. I took the OMF rock domes off my wheels last weekend and it only took an hour of so with pounding a socket over the bolts. Those things are a PITA, don't run them as they get smashed around the bolt heads and make that **** a pain to get off. I have some pics I will post up if the dash with guts in it and as it sits now. I was able to cut a lot of stuff off the chassis that was not used. I think it looks a lot better now. Ended up cutting all the DZUS tabs off for my panels and I am just going back with weld nuts and bolts.

Had pictures, tried to upload last night and they were too big. Then my HD crashed and the pics are gone. Bout typical as far as my luck is concerned. I made some good progress this weekend, most of the fab work is done the rest is the tedious stuff. Oh yeah my welding hood didn't "auto darken" and I did a weld before realizing it. So I had wicked flash burn which sucked complete ass.

That car is looking great Matt. Your persistant and it has paid off huge. I see the plan for bypass's in you future. Are you planing on atending KOH?? Bringing the rig?

Yeah definately room for a set of Bilstein Bypasses in the future ;) Will try and get some pics of how it sits tonight. Planning out the fuel system changes now asI need a new pump/filter as it is. I will not be at KOH this year, unless I fly out to help pit for friends. Hope to try RCQ next year and get a spot in 2011. How about you Nick?