• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

MattO OG13???

InDaShop

Dont Tread On Me
Matt thats cool you are pitting with Ruffstuff, good alliance, but I think they got you misaligned. They are listing you as OG13

Gravel Maker;11743871 said:
The Ruffstuff/FOA Open Pit for KOH!

What we are doing is trying to make the whole KOH event easier for everyone. This Pit will be home for the 12 teams running our axles but also be an Open Pit for anyone else needing help. By creating this pit we are helping Jeff & Dave by limiting their hands on time with the individual teams and making a very hectic week a little less so. We are also limiting the amount of gear teams would have to truck from home and the team members required to the bare minimum.

As a company, Ruffstuff will be providing 3 MIG welders (250AMP), 1 TIG welder (300AMP), 3 compressors, 2 plasma torches, 3 generators, & at least 10 large steel worktables. We will also have at least 3 of the large 20’x20’ tents (more like 4), Race Rig parking, & a place to park the hauler all on the main drag so team members won’t get lost trying to find their camp (ask me how I know about that). All in all we are bringing a pretty much complete Fab Shop to help teams fill the gaps wherever neccessary.

For your Shock Tuning, Chris from FOA will be setting up a clean area within one of the car haulers or in one of the tents if the weather is nicer than last year. He will have everything needed to tune everyone up and I don’t think he limits his work to FOA’s alone, he is going to be there to help anyone with their shock tuning with lots of spare parts and skill. Chris will have several excellent shock tuners with him to be able to help as many as possible. FOA was one of the KOH anchoring sponsors this year and many participants use FOA with great results.

We will have complete radio assistance with a base station and at least 12 vehicles capable of chasing parts to remote pits during the race. During the week we will have the same and then some. We will be arriving Saturday evening just after the tents are set up and be good to go Sunday morning, 5 days before the race. I am bringing 7 people and Chris is bringing 3 while each race team has anywhere from 3 to 10 each. Combined we will have over 80 bodies to contribute to the general good so if you need someone that understands your obscure part it is very possible we will have someone that has experience with it. And of course we will have some of the best fabricators in the country on hand to assist in shake down repairs.

For Pit Crew members we are also thinking about food. I am not sure how we will do it but I think a big variety of breakfast foods and sandwich stuff around the clock. We will likely do a couple of dinners for everyone and leave the other dinners up for grabs if a participating team or teams would like to front one. Food would actually be one of the largest expenses for that many people over that many days.

Some of the teams we will be supporting

Western Teams

Travis Carpenter/Dan Trout with the 4405 Land use Buggy
Kevin Yoder
Brett Porter
Joe Silva (Nevada Union HS Team)
[size=15pt]Matt Overton of the OG13

Eastern Teams

Tim Diekmann of Liquid Iron Industries
Doug Bigelow of Bigelow Racing
Ken Mercer/Dan Dubose in a Jesse Haines Buggy
Will Carter (If he gets the new buggy done in time)

The list is not complete yet because several teams need approval from other sponsors before they can agree but every team I contacted wanted to be involved. All of the teams mentioned are sponsored by Ruffstuff Specialties at some level and we are very happy to be able to help in this way.

This year Ruffstuff Specialties will also be participating in the contingency program in a big way and would love to see a Ruffstuff/FOA 1-2-3 sweep!

We are welcome to any ideas of how we can make this event one of the smoothest ever, we have never done this before but I know we can! We are releasing this news 6 months early because it does take quite a bit of planning on our part and we would hate to forget to bring a vise or something…[/SIZE]

No clue on that, ordered some heims last week and Dan called me back to discuss this. He also thought I was in SoCal so that may explain it.

Figured it would help us with the main pit, but hopefully we can team up with Travis and crew so that our combined guys can handle the remote pits.

Latest posts