• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

So who has the status on MattO?

Matt I watched your vids last night very cool. Looks like a sweet course, you were booking for alot of it. Some of the stuff through the hedgehog rocks I was like DAMN!!!!

Only thing you did thta scared the **** out of me, letting off in the heavy dust. You are going 80, and you know guys behind you are going that or faster. You lift and you chance getting assed at that speed. I know it takes sack, but if your co-dog zoomed in and got you on the GPS line you can drive it.

I agree, I am competitive and all but I am not going to drive or winch over someones **** just to wait in line one spot ahead. In reality it is not a big deal, if you are faster you will pass them in the fast stuff. I am good enough at tearing up my own ****, don't need anybody else breaking it for me. I was stuck with Wayes, JR, Kirby, DSI and a bunch of other good cars/drivers in outer limits. None of them tried that stuff, just waited for a chance and went.

Matt O. said:
None of them tried that stuff, just waited for a chance and went.
Now that is the right thing to do. If you cannot get around someone without risking tearing up your junk or someone else's junk maybe you should just be patient and not be an ass. I said **** it, I am not arguing with them on pbb about it. I went back and deleted my posts. Bunch of way up East coast assholes. They can defend that all they want, but in the end Levi still finished and Murphy dnf'd.

imarockfan said:
Cool in-car videos.Man ya'll were gettin it!How fast were ya'll goin?40-45 mph?

Depends on the section, in the fast stuff after Elvis probably 55-65, dry lake bed probably 70 or 75. It was just hard to go fast with the motor moving on us and the DUST. Plus we had to pull over after the lakebed to clean the air filter, if that tells you how much dust we had. Pre-running on Monday we were screaming!

Now we have to listen to the one legged xgames for gimps gold medal weinner whine about starting in the back and not having a chance to win. Damn, John James started a **** storm with that thread.

Yeah I am done with that thread, check out the Rugged Radios thread if you want a good laugh. I cant stand those fawkers, will never deal with them again. We could of used a megaphone and had better communications...

Matt O. said:
Yeah I am done with that thread, check out the Rugged Radios thread if you want a good laugh. I cant stand those fawkers, will never deal with them again. We could of used a megaphone and had better communications...

Yeah I saw that Matt. MIne worked great all week, even before I went over and let them work on mine. I had bought the chase package for Pat's buggy and several times I talked to him from a decent distance. I talked to him one day from the pits and he was up by the mailbox above Sledge. He sounded like he was sitting next to me. Sorry you had problems.

I don't really know Murphy but I don't see that he did anything wrong. No ****ing way I would have waited for Levi if I sat there and watched him munch his rear driveshaft. Hell, I get insane on trailrides when someone is plugging the trail, I would have been bezerk in a race.

Quote from: COLT on February 12, 2011, 09:47:45 PM
X2 on the currier rock suckin!.......Wyatt....i just ran into the guys from houston at a truck stop in NM nice bunch....they were bragging on your fuel cans!

InDaShop said:
Yeah they are good guys, I wish I coulda been out there. I think we are teaming up to race the EDR series this year. I pre-teched Dave's buggy for KOH but I've never sat in it. If I fit we will be racing the desert series together.

Went over tonight to meet up with Dave at Gulf Coast Crawl shop, I've been around his buggy a few times, but never got in, I knew it was small, but man its way smaller than my old buggy. Same 48" width but everything else is smaller. The short of it, I dont fit comfortably enough to race the EDR or Texas Baja series with Dave. Its kinda a big let down for both of us. Oh well, just means I'll have more $$$'s towards the new car.

MattO,

In dash videos are amazing! Watched them the other night and am sore after watching the beating yall took!

One general question though, I spent most of my day watching the live feed from Backdoor and noticed that a lot of the competitors winch rope had broken either during the race or on the backdoor ledge. I know that rope has advantages over cable for trail rides but why so many rope breaks?

Our winch rope broke because we let too much out and there wasn't much around the drum. Rope breaks, not sure they will even let u use cable for safety reasons.

On stopping in the dust, I just literally couldn't see ****. Jamie told me when we hit I was clear from behind and I took a further to the left line. I just didn't feel good going 80+ and not being able to see past the hood.

jpony645 said:
Ran across some pictures of you flop over on Pirate......scroll down.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=962578

Thanks Josh, just fires me up to see all the vehicles we had passed. Lots of good drivers coming by us. Motor mount is fixed and working on the new hood/grille. No more TJ crap to destroy.

Josh,
I have some side skins if you want them. They are aluminum if you still need some

Sure, I'll take them. PM your addy and a good time to pick them up or I work downtown if you wanna meet up during lunch sometime. Just lemme know.