• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

So who has the status on MattO?

dirthead

So how is it going with Matt at KOH? Pre-running? How is the buggy holding up? Info needed. Somebody has got to have heard from him.

copied from his facebook

"Well pre-running yesterday was not the best. Had a few issues slow us down and rolled hard at the top of Wrecking Ball. Mostly cosmetic damage but still sucks"

"Rear caliper started to loosen and backed the wheel off. We caught it but the wheel started to egg out and passed us in the desert at about 30mph."

Thanks for asking man! Very rough week, took a bad roll pre-running trying a dumb line and messed up a bunch of stuff. Yesterday the rear caliper kept backing off and loosened the lug nuts, causing the wheel to egg and eventually pass us in the desert at 30 mph. Today had issues with alternator, but was able to borrow one from Woodlee. Pre-running was a bad idea I guess. Car is pretty fast in the woops, motor screams, but I am worried that it will stay together. Wish us luck, Jamie has worked his ass off and been a great co-driver.

Matt O. said:
Thanks for asking man! Very rough week, took a bad roll pre-running trying a dumb line and messed up a bunch of stuff. Yesterday the rear caliper kept backing off and loosened the lug nuts, causing the wheel to egg and eventually pass us in the desert at 30 mph. Today had issues with alternator, but was able to borrow one from Woodlee. Pre-running was a bad idea I guess. Car is pretty fast in the woops, motor screams, but I am worried that it will stay together. Wish us luck, Jamie has worked his ass off and been a great co-driver.

Good luck guys!

Matt O. said:
Camel have much whoompow but stop not so good. She spit much and loose hoof, so I trade sister to redneck for parts to make very nice in big race! I like very much to ride fast and conquer desert. Dirka dirka jihad.

booyang booyang
:woot:

Pirate has a tracking feature on their site so you can follow a specific driver. Unfortunately Matt O does not have one, but Travis Watford does.

Shannon is already 10 minutes in the lead...