• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Maxxis creepy crawler or bfg red label

1tonrubicon

I have a set of both. Any opinions on which I should run and which I should sale. Both are like new.

My red labels are the first set of stickies I've ever had on a rig, so I don't have any firsthand comparison with any other brands. I've been thoroughly impressed with them. But I've always like the creepy crawlers too, think Bob Youmans has them on his Beamer buggy. He seems to like them well and they seem to work well on his buggy.

This thread will boil down to this. There are more people out there with red labels than creepys, so you will have more biased feedback saying stick with the red labels and sell the creepys.

:dblthumb:

I figured that was the case. My only kicker is I have 5 Creepies and 4 reds. Smoke them long enough and they are both sticky I suppose.

Re: Re: Re: Maxxis creepy crawler or bfg red label

1tonrubicon said:
I want a set of 40 ltbs. Just can't find them
they are hard to find right now

FROM THE EMPTY BOTTLE!

1tonrubicon said:
I figured that was the case. My only kicker is I have 5 Creepies and 4 reds. Smoke them long enough and they are both sticky I suppose.

You keep the reds and sell me the 5 Creepies or the other way around. :dblthumb:

jcorlew24 said:
The side walls on the Red's just don't hold up as well.
This statement always cracks me up. I have ran both red's and Treps. I never cut a red and had more race miles on them than I ever did my Treps, and I cut a couple of Treps. I do not know why everyone insists the sidewalls on the red's are so weak.

the sidewall on the treps LOOKS like it would be really tough, from what i've seen Reds are uncomparably sticky

You know you want to try them both! Don't ask us........ put a set on and go wheeling. Put the other set on and let us know your opinion!

bigsilly said:
This statement always cracks me up. I have ran both red's and Treps. I never cut a red and had more race miles on them than I ever did my Treps, and I cut a couple of Treps. I do not know why everyone insists the sidewalls on the red's are so weak.

I have a red label in the garage right now that has had about 4 sidewall repairs. Seen them cut numerous times. If you look at the difference in the sidewalls between the reds and treps there is no comparison. This is one of the reasons guys are running the KRT B's, for their stronger sidewall. Just pick one of them up, the red label is light compared to the trep.

jcorlew24 said:
I have a red label in the garage right now that has had about 4 sidewall repairs. Seen them cut numerous times. If you look at the difference in the sidewalls between the reds and treps there is no comparison. This is one of the reasons guys are running the KRT B's, for their stronger sidewall. Just pick one of them up, the red label is light compared to the trep.
Maybe you misread, I have ran both as well as the KRT-B. Not saying I never saw one cut, I have. But personally I never cut one. I did personally cut 2 trepadors though. And yes, the Trepador is about 20 pounds heavier than a red label.

Im with BigSilly, and I have cut a Red.
10-12psi you're going to cut sidewalls.

I didnt think there was a carcass difference in the sidewall between the KRT and the Red??? Cole?