• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

mazada build up

Drove the truck around the block today testing things out... even got brave and took it to a buddys shop...
Dec29003Small.jpg

Dec29001Small.jpg

Dec29004Small.jpg

Gonna need bump stops in front, and possible shock relocation in rear.
Got the front bumper trimmed and installed, even relocated the front turn signals.
Im not thrilled about the front shaft, but well see what happens tomorrow. i'll have the parts i need for the correct shaft on tues :rolleyes:

Installed guages to monitor temps... drove 45mph for few miles temps stayed steady at 180* got on it a little and it climbed to 210* then back down... Tomorrow we'll see how it does on the trails.
Dec29005Small.jpg

One thing i know im changing for sure are the t-case shifters... its a mofo to shift with such short leverage... new ones are in the works...:D

Headed to summertown, tn www.wheelininthecountry.com to our anual newyears ride. The rig did awesome! yes there were some some bugs, but ive found solutions..
Heres the only pic i have (waiting on buddies pix).
Dec30002Small.jpg

Dec30001Small.jpg

So, the bugs:
Blew a coolant hose off, no biggie... then the rad cap wouldnt seal completely.. had spare.. now temps stayed at 180* in 50* weather.. only time it saw 210* was in lo range from obstacle to obstacle at about 3k RPMs, then quickly cooled. Ran the motor pretty much non stop from 9am to 6pm, even did brodies with the other rednecks :redneck:

The t-case doesnt shift as easy with these shorter shifters. Going to work on the linkages.

Visibility... Somethings gonna be done to the bed so i can see. Im not used to so much sheetmetal :rolleyes: Needs lights for our nite wheelin adventures:super:. Defroster doesnt work which makes it a PITA to drive when foggy..

Seats. looking for suspension seats... any suggestions?

Removing the poly spacers in the rear to lower/level it. Add bump stops to the front.

Got some parts for the front d/s now that i was able to fully flex it and check for angles...

Overall, it performed better than i expected. I didnt wail on it, i like to crawl, but got on it enough to fully test everything. Going to adjust a few things, start the exo and bumpers then clean and paint.

Dave, sorry you didnt get to wheel it...
~Mo

Well, its time for an update..
Ordered up a yoke from Jess and made the front d-shaft. With the offset joint and slight grinding on yoke i can get 38*

Made the winch mount but wanted to keep the stock bumper... fits like a glove...
FrontBumper.jpg

Saturday i bobbed the bed. ended up cutting 11".
BedBob2Small.jpg

BedBobSmall.jpg

Going wheeling this weekend, we'll see how it does now that the only thing to hold me back is body damage :rolleyes:

Damn, I haven't checked in on this thread in a while. Mazda looks damn good. Now you gotta put some dents in it. :haha:

Thanks guys...
Redid the exhaust today... sounds sweet and should breath better now.
Used the forklift to check clearances and well... shocks need relocating:rolleyes: As they are the rear had 27"ish ground to tire and front had 25"ish... gonna work on it tomorrow along with the rest of the bumper and exo...
flex1.jpg

flex.jpg

Had to replace a steering hose and for some reason keep losing brake pressure...i think i found the problem...

BTW... to the top of the cab it measures 7ft. with 13psi :D

Penetrode Offroad said:
Get some wheelin' pics already!!! Jeez, keep us waitin'!
Cory,
Im working on it i promise:booo:
Been working some issues with brakes and redid exhaust.
Well... heres where the rig stands now.
Exo00Small.jpg

still needs couple more bars and then pull it off and finish welding and paint.
It sits at 6'8" to the top of the exo :flipoff: Still shorter than my CJ was :cheer:
Were going to Morris Mountain next weekend, got a photographer riding shotgun so this time i'll have pics...
So what ya'll think?:corn: