• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

mazada build up

I like the pillow block in the driveshaft :redneck: Now there's a carier bering that will hold up. Good luck with the bent link bars. I tried that, with gusets, and bent the **** out of them. OOps.

TB-F said:
I like the pillow block in the driveshaft :redneck: Now there's a carier bering that will hold up. Good luck with the bent link bars. I tried that, with gusets, and bent the **** out of them. OOps.

Well, been running that carrier bearing for 3+yrs now, and the only times its broken (twice) the rig had shackle rev. and smacked a tree once, and during toughtrucks smacked a wall.... so as :redneck: as it mite be... its works awesome. However, due to time constraints and lack of parts we'll be running a 1pc front and 1pc rear. Front is 1.75" x.25 DOM rear is 2"x.25 DOM.
As for the link bars, were running them on rigs with 46 MTs and one with 49 Iroks. Should be fine with my little 39's:D

Well, what can i say.....Thanks Dave for the moral support :flipoff:damn cripple :kissmyass:
Its finally done-ish...
Heres the finished battery tray
Dec23006Small.jpg

Radiator mounted and plumbed (only found 2-3 pin holes in seams, holds about 5gal fluid, tranny cooler, fan..
Dec23003Small.jpg

Dec23004Small.jpg

Dec23007Small.jpg

Dec23008Small.jpg

Brakes plumbed, line lock plumbed, tranny cooler lines, power to front, t-case lowered, links and mis spacers swapped, rear shock mounts and shocks...
Dec23002Small.jpg

Dec23001Small.jpg

View from the seat... everything is within reach, check out the kickass linklock switch...
Dec23005Small.jpg

Hood :cheer: yeah i was gitty bout getting the hood on!:redneck: and tires in place, bumper marked for trimming
Dec23013Small.jpg

Dec23014Small.jpg

Dec23015Small.jpg

Dec23012Small.jpg

So whats left on the punch list? Exhaust, bleeding brakes, securing brakelines to frame, driveshafts:mad:...

bobbed_84_toy said:
It took about a year for the first build and it's been about 6 months since the start of the second build. It would go a lot faster if I had the motivation to work on it more often

Someone needs to work on my junk now:corn:

This sound familiar? I suffer from the same lack of motivation...

Should have it on the rocks for new years:flipoff:

Rokcrler said:
This sound familiar? I suffer from the same lack of motivation...

Should have it on the rocks for new years:flipoff:

:cool: :cool: :flipoff:

I guess that I could at least go down to the shop and stare at it for a couple of hours lol. Maybe i'll even go all out and run a new fuel line or something, but probly not:redneck:

beatupbronco said:
keep up the good work, people will always bust your balls and bash yer **** till they see how well it all works. if everyone's rig and ideas are the same then we should all just by the same crap and build the same rig. either way, its nice to see something a lil different

EXACTLY, (hence my 14 bolt front)

Rokcrler said:
Well, what can i say.....Thanks Dave for the moral support :flipoff:damn cripple :kissmyass:
Its finally done-ish...kinda sorta...just a wee bit more....

well at the rate that im going im going to need a cain:mad:

hey if i wasnt there managing the situation your ass would be jumping all over the place from one project to another. :flipoff: this lazy ass has to make the best of my time:flipoff:

btw wait till you see the bill for all the ideas you used of mine :flipoff: im psyched to see it running. sucked that the exhaust shop was closed but this week will be it:cool:

Roccrawler said:
\
Well whadda think?

well troy theres absolutely NO problem with it cooling. matter of a fact the flex-a-lite fan that was hooked up blows more than expected. when it was originally tested before mounted it didn't seem to pull too hard but once mounted and sealed that thing was working insane.

btw what about all the rigs that run v-8's with radiators in the back. ive seen more than plenty like that with no heating problems

sick_boy said:
well troy theres absolutely NO problem with it cooling. matter of a fact the flex-a-lite fan that was hooked up blows more than expected. when it was originally tested before mounted it didn't seem to pull too hard but once mounted and sealed that thing was working insane.

btw what about all the rigs that run v-8's with radiators in the back. ive seen more than plenty like that with no heating problems

I will be interested to find out...besides the garage test

Well, got the exhaust done, dropped off the DOM for rear driveshaft with my machine guy to have it turned and orderd the offset ujoints for the front shaft.

The driverside exh. mani dumps pretty close to the frame, but a little bending, stretching and trimming and the down tubes fit nicely :clappy:
Was originally going to run single exhaust but there was another flowmaster laying there to running duals. For my first attempt at exhausts I think it turned out pretty sweet:cool: And the vrooom vrooom is awesome!
Dec26003Small.jpg

Dec26002Small.jpg

Dec26001Small.jpg

As long as Tom Woods comes thru with the joints project will be completed thurs nite:cheer:
Started bleeding the cooling system... damn it makes a mess in the shop:mad: at least the floor will be clean now :rolleyes: I'll be hooking up the oil pres and water temp guages tomorrow so we'll actually see how well it keeps it cool.

Picked up my parts for my rear driveshaft...
2"x.25" DOM. Had a buddy machine the material to accept the CV and splines.
Dec27001Small.jpg

Dec27004Small.jpg

Dec27003Small.jpg

Dec27002Small.jpg

D.S. installed...
Dec27005Small.jpg

Got to drive it outta the shop tonite :cheer:

Bled the cooling system, temps rose to 220* and dropped to 180* several times... Once it quit burping, temps stayed at 180* steadily :clappy:
After bleeding brakes tomorrow, we'll take a test drive:super:

Rokcrler said:
Picked up my parts for my rear driveshaft...
2"x.25" DOM. Had a buddy machine the material to accept the CV and splines.
Dec27001Small.jpg

Dec27004Small.jpg

Dec27003Small.jpg

Dec27002Small.jpg

D.S. installed...
Dec27005Small.jpg

Got to drive it outta the shop tonite :cheer:

Bled the cooling system, temps rose to 220* and dropped to 180* several times... Once it quit burping, temps stayed at 180* steadily :clappy:
After bleeding brakes tomorrow, we'll take a test drive:super:

Saweeeeeeet! Take some poser shots tomorow!

MY LUCK SUCKS!!!
So my offset ujoints for the front shaft showed up... wrong series joint :mad: Spare yoke i had on my shelf mysteriously dissapeared:wtf:
Found parts laying around that actually work on the front... things started looking up... a buddy came by and we bled the brakes.. seems the mazda booster/chevy master combo works kickass... the rear line lock works great. Things couldnt be better...
Drove it outta the shop and it started sputtering, hmmm... low fuel? yes sir... filled the cell and was ready for the test drive :cheer: ... damn thing wont start:booo: now im pissed... so i trouble shoot for a while, nada... 1 step forward 3 steps back :rolleyes:

Rokcrler said:
MY LUCK SUCKS!!!
So my offset ujoints for the front shaft showed up... wrong series joint :mad: Spare yoke i had on my shelf mysteriously dissapeared:wtf:
Found parts laying around that actually work on the front... things started looking up... a buddy came by and we bled the brakes.. seems the mazda booster/chevy master combo works kickass... the rear line lock works great. Things couldnt be better...
Drove it outta the shop and it started sputtering, hmmm... low fuel? yes sir... filled the cell and was ready for the test drive :cheer: ... damn thing wont start:booo: now im pissed... so i trouble shoot for a while, nada... 1 step forward 3 steps back :rolleyes:

Bummer dude! Im sure you will figure it out soon enough

Well...after nightmares of wiring and no starting... pretty much rewired this morning... voila! Dont know what changed but it runs once again :clappy:
Took it out for a spin and besides some major vibs from the woreout front D.S. everything works great! gotta find the correct yoke and it'll be 100%.
Its a great feeling to almost be finished with this stage of the project (theyre never done!)..
I'll post up pics once i wash and clean everything :cool:
Thanks to all the comments and support. Sick_Boy... couldnt have finished it without all your harrasments:Good: Even though you were practically :wheelchair:
Thanks again everyone :beer: