• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

mazada build up

sixty-nine

this is a good friend of mine back east thats building his mazada:cool: he had a jeep till he split the frame in half so everything from his jeep is going into this 2wd mazada:cool:
01.jpg

00.jpg

03.jpg

02.jpg

05.jpg

04.jpg

It doesn't need a radiator, those rear lower links will bend into pretzels and/or rip off the frame before the engine even gets warm :flipoff:

(Uh yeah, where IS the radiator going to fit? Bed maybe?)

Man ya'll are harsh!!!

CrustyJeep said:
Is it just me, or does it look like he was welding while drunk?
Umm... that was one of the problems yes:flipoff:

joop said:
I'm curious on how well that link suppost is going to hold up.

Well, the links are not completed yet. Theyre going to be gussets to keep from bending (2"x.25" DOM) Havent had any issues running them on the other rigs.
Got some buddies with YJ's on rockwells and 44s with J links, just wait till theyre finished.

boxboy said:
I am still at the top wondering where the radiator is?
Its going to be in the rear as stated...

marcw said:
i never understood the bent link thing, now your lowest point is your driveline ??........ im still trying to figure out what a mazAda is?

The only time thats been a problem was sliding off a rock hitting the yoke... besides the DS is 3/8" DOM
Why a mazda? hmm, well the price was right (free) and theres none built here :shrug:

crustyjeep said:
It doesn't need a radiator, those rear lower links will bend into pretzels and/or rip off the frame before the engine even gets warm

(Uh yeah, where IS the radiator going to fit? Bed maybe?)
We'll just have to see :rolleyes:

I should have some updated pics, those were a week ago, alot has changed since...

Later.
~Mo

Last edited:
Heres the specs on the build.
86 Mazda B2000 frame and body
95 Magnum 360
TF727
D300 (32spline outputs, Lomax 4.1)
Front Passanger side HP60 5.39, Welded, Chromo Shafts
Rear D60 5.39, Welded, Chromo Shafts
Wishbone 3 link rear
4 link front, maybe paralle with track bar

The plan is to build a comfy, very capable rig, with A/C :flipoff:. The drivetrain has proven to be bomb proof, and this build is on a tight budget. Almost all parts were taken off the previous rig.

Thanks for all the comments both good and bad :kissmyass: finally got the welder dialed in once again... so things should "look" better.
Keep the comments and criticism coming...

Hope the project turns out like im envisioning it.
~Mo

Rokcrler said:
Heres the specs on the build.
86 Mazda B2000 frame and body
95 Magnum 360
TF727
D300 (32spline outputs, Lomax 4.1)
Front Passanger side HP60 5.39, Welded, Chromo Shafts
Rear D60 5.39, Welded, Chromo Shafts
Wishbone 3 link rear
4 link front, maybe paralle with track bar

The plan is to build a comfy, very capable rig, with A/C :flipoff:. The drivetrain has proven to be bomb proof, and this build is on a tight budget. Almost all parts were taken off the previous rig.

Thanks for all the comments both good and bad :kissmyass: finally got the welder dialed in once again... so things should "look" better.
Keep the comments and criticism coming...

Hope the project turns out like im envisioning it.
~Mo

You suck!!!!! Joking. I built a mazda before. I didnt it cause you dont see any mazdas built.Looks good and keep us posted on the build. I

Rokcrler said:
Well, the links are not completed yet. Theyre going to be gussets to keep from bending (2"x.25" DOM) Havent had any issues running them on the other rigs.
OK, but you ARE going to put the frame mount for the lower links in double shear somehow, right?

OK off topic.... how about some pics and info on the narrow bronco in the first and second pic ? Please:cheer: