• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Money pit 2.0 frame rails

Mx_racer_36

I am gathering parts to start on my family rig, 4 door Colorado, lq4 with zl1 blower, either axletechs or my Gearhart hybrids, and 54 claws!
The truck will be very similar build to my current truggy but more doors and more horsepower!

I'm don't wanna chance the stock frame busting so I am gonna build one! I used rectangle 2x4 3/16 wall on my s10 I won TTC with in 2014, so I know how sole that would be was thinking bout a double row of 1.75 would look good!

Any pro or cons u guys have? Also how much room between the 2 tubes is about right? 1 inch gap?

Would .120 wall be plenty or should j go .188? It will be 145in wb so belly will see some abuse.

Or just keep it simple and do the 2x4?

Also I won't get to start till first of the year and we have a moan trip planned for May that it needs to be finished for

You would probably get more attention if you put this in the tech and fab section but here is what i think.

Any pro or cons u guys have? Also how much room between the 2 tubes is about right? 1 inch gap?

I think most people do 1.5-2" gap between the rails but i would just notch a few pieces and lay it out to see what you like.

Would .120 wall be plenty or should j go .188? It will be 145in wb so belly will see some abuse.

Do to your weight and length I would go with a .25" lower rail and a .188" on the upper one. The lower takes a lot of a abuse so the ticker tube will help keep from collapsing.

Or just keep it simple and do the 2x4?

Personally I would rather use rectangle tubing, from a building stand point it is much easier to build off of and to get square. This will also be lighter if weight is a concern.