• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Monroe Monitor...page 3

I think everyone should stop meeting w people... esspecially reporters. Ignorance is bliss in the eyes of most officials, if we keep up the maintenance like clean up days and just do it the way we've been doing noone will do anything with reiter. It will remain the same place its always been but cleaner.

AMEN!!!:awesomework:

It will get cleaner? We already do two cleanups a year...

I dont mean CLEANER, it is alot cleaner than it used to be. If we could keep it up i think it will be fine. Since everyone keeps an eye on dumped trash and cars its been alot better, yes that means we will have to spend our time cleaning and funding clean up days but id rather we all run the place than the state or gov.

Native american land. There is a road going thru the west side of the "area" that was a wheeling area. I figure that and all the stolen rigs found there made up the owners minds.

Correct. I loved that place!! Tom and I used to ride our 500s out there.

We prolly roosted on Caine,Jason and Duthie and thought they gay 4x4er's:redneck:

In order to be successful at something you have to make yourself heard. Silence has never been rewarded when there are different groups seeking different outcomes to a situation.

Granted the message that you deliver has to be delivered correctly in order to the outcome you want to be realized.

Not talking about Reiter as an ORV park will not help the situation as the only people that will be heard then are the people that want it all closed down.

Would you rather have had the report shown around Rieter by someone that wants to close it all down?

If you like to wheel and want to keep wheelin then you have to get involved. If not directly then at least indirectly by support groups that are directly involved.

Respectfully
Rudi

I don't participate in meeting's and such, but I read all I can on the net..... this is going back a long way's, but. Prior to our local trail support group was there ever a threat of reiter being closed? Not trying to stir the pot here, but I don't ever remember hearing of it being an issue.

I also don't like it becoming an ORV park, but I suppose if it's the only option then it's better than the alternative.

I think everyone should stop meeting w people... esspecially reporters. Ignorance is bliss in the eyes of most officials, if we keep up the maintenance like clean up days and just do it the way we've been doing noone will do anything with reiter. It will remain the same place its always been but cleaner.

Those that cry are the ones that are heard
Squeeking wheel gets the grease

If we are not heard then the only people left talking are the greenies that want it closed, if we voice our opinions and show we are willing to help do what needs to be done there is a greater chance it will be around for a long time.

There are a ton of benefits of it becoming an ORV park, It takes more work and money for the greenies to close it (semi-protected), Those grants you hear about provide money for dumpsters, bridges, restrooms, maybe official/maintained campgrounds. It all takes time and voices, work for it and you will be rewarded.

Those that cry are the ones that are heard
Squeeking wheel gets the grease

If we are not heard then the only people left talking are the greenies that want it closed, if we voice our opinions and show we are willing to help do what needs to be done there is a greater chance it will be around for a long time.

There are a ton of benefits of it becoming an ORV park, It takes more work and money for the greenies to close it (semi-protected), Those grants you hear about provide money for dumpsters, bridges, restrooms, maybe official/maintained campgrounds. It all takes time and voices, work for it and you will be rewarded.

The only benefit I can see of it becomming a ORV park is that it will still be there. It will be gay but it will still be there, and I'm not sure how much of a benefit that is.

Becoming an ORV park good/bad. Ya sure there will be bad sides to it. But its my belief you have to work to get anything out of the DNR.. Griping about it won't get anybody anyplace...

Now granted sure you are working with a government agency--and sure they won't tell you everything or might tell you what you want to hear--but if you fight hard enough you can make a difference....

Those are my beliefs and my opinion...

But there is 2 heads to this coin. If you say nothing--they can easily run ALOT of negitive aspects of it. Look at what you typicly get out of the news media about us---90% is negative. So reguardless of what is seaid isn't anything "positive" better than negative?

Now granted at the same time anything said to the media can be turned around and changed---b ut sitting back and saying nothing can be worse than making an attempt...

I don't participate in meeting's and such, but I read all I can on the net..... this is going back a long way's, but. Prior to our local trail support group was there ever a threat of reiter being closed? Not trying to stir the pot here, but I don't ever remember hearing of it being an issue.
Not just talk, it was closed years ago.

What was closed?
Well admittedly I wasn't paying a lot of attention back then, but I want to say around 1990 or so, the entire area was closed down. I remember lots of ecology blocks around the pit area and at least one bootleg entrance appeared along Reiter road, and I'm pretty sure the lower gate was closed of blocked or some such. I don't remember what they did at the upper entrances.

Well admittedly I wasn't paying a lot of attention back then, but I want to say around 1990 or so, the entire area was closed down. I remember lots of ecology blocks around the pit area and at least one bootleg entrance appeared along Reiter road, and I'm pretty sure the lower gate was closed of blocked or some such. I don't remember what they did at the upper entrances.

wow--I have been going there since mid 80's and I never remember anything along those lines

Becoming an ORV park good/bad. Ya sure there will be bad sides to it. But its my belief you have to work to get anything out of the DNR.. Griping about it won't get anybody anyplace...

Now granted sure you are working with a government agency--and sure they won't tell you everything or might tell you what you want to hear--but if you fight hard enough you can make a difference....

Those are my beliefs and my opinion...

I can't go to meetings because I work at night so I know I'm in the dark about alot of what is going on at reiter but to me it just seems that most of the people that work with and get involved are nothing more than yes men for the DNR and just go along with what ever they want. I know people are trying to do the right thing But IMO its just making things worse.

I can't go to meetings because I work at night so I know I'm in the dark about alot of what is going on at reiter but to me it just seems that most of the people that work with and get involved are nothing more than yes men for the DNR and just go along with what ever they want. I know people are trying to do the right thing But IMO its just making things worse.

Yes/no men. Actually its more like we are stuck within "there" rules. so if that what you wanna call yes men then yes--that is true.

And as for trying to find somebody to bla---I can't answer that....

x2, and I'm still waiting for an answer of if there ever was a threat of closure.

x2, and I'm still waiting for an answer of if there ever was a threat of closure.

The DNR will not openly convey that info to any one specific user group.

When and if they decide to do it you will simply see trucks and heavy equipment at Reiter erecting baracades, digging ditches and hanging signs.

This would be the case for a complete closure of a place like Reiter. If it were just a few trails they would probably contact the users groups and let them know ahead of time in order to enlist help to hang signs and such. Much like Tighty, TA & UTA.

The bottom line is that we are at their mercy, anyone who says otherwise is full of ****. Yes, we can discuss our views and desires with them but the are under no obligation to give us anything.

The DNR will not openly convey that info to any one specific user group.

When and if they decide to do it you will simply see trucks and heavy equipment at Reiter erecting baracades, digging ditches and hanging signs.

This would be the case for a complete closure of a place like Reiter. If it were just a few trails they would probably contact the users groups and let them know ahead of time in order to enlist help to hang signs and such. Much like Tighty, TA & UTA.

The bottom line is that we are at their mercy, anyone who says otherwise is full of ****. Yes, we can discuss our views and desires with them but the are under no obligation to give us anything.

Thanks brad---I was trying to figure a way to say it and you pretty much summed it up.......

But I think if you look at how things are changing from 10 years ago----10 years ago I don't recall anything being in danger of closing---and if you look at that time line in how the sport has grown and what we have lost and--how we are portrade(sp) its not looking good for anything thats not protected under the ORV umbrella so to speak...

Thanks brad---I was trying to figure a way to say it and you pretty much summed it up.......

But I think if you look at how things are changing from 10 years ago----10 years ago I don't recall anything being in danger of closing---and if you look at that time line in how the sport has grown and what we have lost and--how we are portrade(sp) its not looking good for anything thats not protected under the ORV umbrella so to speak...

I don't see how a designated (official) area is somehow protected? I think that it may lower the extent and possability of closures but it doesn't offer and real protection.

Latest posts