• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Morris Mtn: ROCK RALLYE, August 1st

draggbody

the nature of this event is grass roots racing at its finest... we all want to race, but its not in the budget or the upgrades are not obtainable... well here it is folks, a run what you brung "trail rig" friendly competition...

the idea is quite simple... one start, one finish, a one lap endurance race... the classes will be broken up according to suspension, not tire size and the course will be designed for speed and strategy... basically the course will start at the bottom of the camp ground, zig zag through the front side of the park, up and down all of the various obsticles until you get back to camp, speed through the camping area, cross the bridge and then off to the back side of the park, punish your rig to its full capacity and get back to camp in one piece... basically we are trying to incorperate 70-80% of the trails at MMORV, leaving some of the tougher stuff to be ran backwards/ easier to keep traffic down...

RIG REQUIREMENTS/ CLASSES
the idea is to keep this simple and competitive... whats needed to compete??? simple, a driver, a rig and basic saftey equipment... there will be four classes... "RACERS", these are pro drivers w/ comp rigs, you know if you have one or not... next will be the "ADVANCED" class, these are rigs w/ coilovers, air shocks, or struts... moving down the line are "BASIC" suspension rigs, these are the coil and leaf sprung rigs... if you have a rig w/ leafs and airshocks, then that would be concidered advanced... and last but not least is the "STOCK" class... these are the DD vehicles w/ little to no mods... if you have a TJ w/ a 4" lift and 33's that you daily drive, that is not "STOCK", but if you put a leveling kit on your toyota to fit a larger tires then that is still stock suspension... lets dont complicate things, you know what you have and the staff ultimately has the final say....

SCORING/ FINISHING
scoring is simple, you race against times in your class... if you break and cannot repair, you are a DNF... this will be part of the strategy for what you carry on board... you will be allowed to stop in the camping area as a "pit stop" or walk back to camp for parts... if you cannot finish, you will need to clear your vehicle from the course and enjoy the show...

SPECTATORS/ CAMPING
there will be a charge for spectators, if you are not a driver or co-driver, then you are a spectator... camping will be available and as always, RV spots are first come, first served... spectators can bring there side by sides or street legal rigs to manuver to the spectator areas as it is just to far to walk for most, but walking is ok as well...

REGISTRATION/ FEEDBACK
i see the need for everyone to register friday before midnight, driver meeting/ starting line up at 8am and begin racing at 9-10am, $50 to race and cash payout in each class for the top 3... we want this to be fun for everyone... what problems do you see??? what did we forget about???

we would like to make this a regular event and want it to be driver and spectator friendly... the logistics of access trails to the more exciting obsticles is something we are working on and of course there will be action in the camping area... we want this to be as fun for the spectators as it will be for the drivers... MMORV has some crazy lines that will prove interesting for all to see....

Re: Morris Mtn: ROCK RALLYE, August 22

i'm in. who's in charge? when you say all obstacles is there any that's not included Primos, Rock and Roll ? some will be difficult for low mod rigs

Just an FYI that is the same weekend as a well established regional comp (king of the hill), so your attendance may hurt because of that....

I would be all over it if it was another weekend, that is also around when my wife is due

Matt O. said:
Just an FYI that is the same weekend as a well established regional comp (king of the hill), so your attendance may hurt because of that....

I would be all over it if it was another weekend, that is also around when my wife is due

I agree, it is not smart to go up against KOTH.

good point matt... we are flexible on the schedule... so i will talk it over w/ randy... like mentioned steve, we are trying to keep this a fast paced event so there is a good likelihood that the bypass to primos is the "line" and obstacles like rock and roll, loop springs etc that dont lead to another trail will be omitted... we are trying to keep it "flowing" w/ absolutly no doubling back on a trail.... this is a MMORV proted event...

John Galbreath Jr. said:
I agree, it is not smart to go up against KOTH.

Oops...We weren't trying to go up against KOTH... We just should have looked closer at the event calendar is all. It's hard to find a weekend that is far enough away from other events that everyone can work into their schedule.

dammit.....your scheduling sucks... :****: seems like when there is something cool going on up that way I have drill weekend. I will have to get to the next one, that would be a BLAST! seems like a lot of places are getting into this style of event, gives the non comp guys a chance to get their adrenalin pumping. Hope this works out for you guys and continue to do it.

Brian :woot: :driving:

Hope my rig is finished by then...
I love the low buck comps...

Just make sure MattO is in the Professional "Techinique" class... :flipoff1:

jrhall said:
this would be a good time to go to morris mtn for the first time.

Hopefully they don't require full harnesses cause that would rule you out :flipoff1:

Couldn't resist!!!