• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Most expensive thing you have driven

L

lowbudgetjunk

Short of actual military inflated prices, here it goes...I had a few HMMWV's that had ridiculous price tags on them.

bae-systems-rg-32-scout-05.jpg

In 2006, I had 4 RG 32's with a tag of 2.2 million for all four, US that I was in charge of. Go carts of the can survive a 155 Howitzer blast group and drive away. I know we have some folks that either own car washes, fire logs or just have bank. What's the most expensive thing you have driven?

Buddy's with my Chiropractor who picked up a year or so old Maserati GranTurismo Sport.......so elegant, so powerful.....very much the panty-dropper. Coming from the world of Mustangs, Chevy's and Jeeps.....the build quality was incredible. ;) I think these are just over 130K

2013-maserati-granturismo-sport-fd.jpg

I actually got to RACE some expensive stuff a few years back....very nerve-wracking driving stuff that cost more than the first house I ever bought! lol Not sure on price tags, but i'm willing to bet each was over 60K There was ALOT of technology packed into those rides. Jus glad they trusted a hillbilly to drive'em! ;) These these things were FAAAAR from stock! The Twist Machine Camaro had a carb'd 400-something small block. It was hard getting used to a carb setup after only driving fuel injection stuff.

http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/22738-Air-Springs-Work

camp-0902-11-camaro-car-show-event-twist-machine.jpg

029-1966chevelle_1.jpg

air_ride_gsx_007.jpg

Back in 2008. A new 64' Hatteras motor yacht. $2.5 mil.
Miss those days, but would have to give up the family and I'm not willing to do that.

utyjy7yz.jpg

Re:

CSX freight train. Approx. 2 miles long hauling auto-racks full of high end cars. I was just the conductor but the engineer let me "drive" for a minute.

While in Vegas for Christmas the woman surprised me with 5 laps in two super cars at Exotic Racing. Best gift ever!
Lamborghini Aventador 700hp ($400,000) and Nissan GTR Track Edition ($115,000). The GTR was really fast. The Aventador was plain violent! If you get a chance don't pass it up!
This place was awesome. They let you crawl all over the cars and take pics and vids. There was a Z06 giving rides to people leaving out in a blaze of tire smoke.

Miss Bombshell was a Ferrari fan apparently.

IMG_2071_zpsb7ce9a1b.jpg

IMG_2102_zps92a7e21a.jpg

IMG_2152_zps6d52b21e.jpg

IMG_2085_zpsab65f9c2.jpg

IMG_2077_zpsd4f34612.jpg

IMG_2081_zps5cf80922.jpg

For as many people I know with Porsche's and Ferrari's, I cant recall actually ever riding in one. :dunno:
Probably most expensive production vehicle I've ever driven aside from a John Deere tractor is BJ Allens newest Dodge dually at KOH this year. Dead serious :****:

So for me, hands down is The Unicorn.
5D827E3B-4C2A-4D64-8F3B-3977E30C35A5_zpskh41qhzr.jpg

I drive a few a bucket trucks at work that go for over a million. That's only on company property since I don't have a cdl.

Other than that, a new 2500 or 3500 Chevy. Whichever cost more.

Well I drove a buddy`s new F250 the other day. Nice for sure. Other than that its all been military stuff as I work on a Marine Depot. HMMWV`S, AAV`S(tanks), Lav`s( tank with tires), MTVR`s, MK48`s, COUGARS etc etc.... all with big price tags. I used to work road test on all these and more so I got to drive and test them after they were built. Cool stuff.

tonybolton said:
Buddy's with my Chiropractor who picked up a year or so old Maserati GranTurismo Sport.......so elegant, so powerful.....very much the panty-dropper. Coming from the world of Mustangs, Chevy's and Jeeps.....the build quality was incredible. ;) I think these are just over 130K

2013-maserati-granturismo-sport-fd.jpg

One of my dad's sponsors had several of them at one time. I had just turned 16 when he asked me to drive one to Atlanta for him. He took them there to be serviced about twice a year. Before I could say yes, my dad said hell no :wtflol:

In the air

7ytave9e.jpg

[/quote]

Good airplane, I have at least 600 hrs in the SR22. It was one of the first paying gigs I had in the aviation world.

Most expensive thing I have ever driven was in the left seat of a 1943 model DC3 based in GA. Nothing like pulling the 20 gallon tubs from under the engines in the mornings and pouring the oil back in. it also have a hydraulic leak that was bad enough fluid had to be added mid flight if over 3 hrs. The reservoir was conveniently located right behind the cockpit. :****:

Got me feeling all nostalgic now.....

SomewhiteGuy said:
I drove this for a weekend when a buddy's dad needed to borrow my truck and trailer.

Your buddies dad doesn't need to barrow a beat up 05 civic does he? :eek: