• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Mountain Bike Time

Who's up for a whistler run?
IMG_0030.jpg

Ok, maybe not, I just threw this together because I saw all the klunker builds on mtbr.com and got jealous, and happened to have a beach crusier and a bunch of old mountain bike stuff laying around. Monark Silver King frame from the late 40's for a base, only stock stuff left is the frame and crank (which is getting swapped for my midschool Hutch crank today, I just figured I'd swap all my mid school BMX stuff on it). It handles like a 2 wheeled smart car but man is it fun to ride.

Here's mine, can't ride it for a few more weeks, hopefully sooner. The only thing different now is its got clipless pedals.
DSC00840.jpg

I love it, the best bike I've owned for all mountain riding, I've heard the rear shock has a tendency to blow the seals and I was hoping to do that while it was under warranty and pay the difference in price on a better unit but apparently its tougher than people say.

Here's what i picked up...

it's not the most aggressive bike out there but it's a start. It definitely is a fun ride, i rode it all over town today and most of the local trail spots. it defintily needs to have a stiffer front shock IMO and maybe a stronger rear shock too. but for now, it works for what i do.:cheer:

IMG_2877Medium.jpg

IMG_2878Medium.jpg

:haha: i was just looking at those pics earlier in the day on mtbr i think. and thought man those look like jumps i think my bike would melt on :haha:

Check out Foothills Trail in Port Angeles, Sadie Creek is OK too. There are some downhill courses cut into the hill along 101 going out toward Joyce, but I can't remember exactly where, it's been years since I've been riding. I realy miss it.

Thanks! It's ungodly fun to ride too, I don't hammer on it like I would a newer bike, because I really don't want to break the frame. But if you follow normal mountain bike logic, I should hate this thing, fully rigid, *gasp* a single side pull brake, and it weighs upward of 45 pounds. I swapped my vintage Hutch cranks into it so it's got a little more pull on the big hills (it's geared pretty tall), and they're a little beefier than the stockers.
IMG_0038.jpg

Last edited:
THAT IS RAD!!! reminds me of my ol' school bmxer i pull out every once in a while.

Got the Girlfriends bike in and assembled, we took it for a ride the other day and taught her how to roll over some logs. not bad for the first time ever really mountain biking:awesomework: :cheer:

I must admit i've never heard of that brand before.... what bike were you looking at? one thing i've learned is that you really do get what you pay for.:corn:

Latest posts