• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

mounting the radiator in the rear?

A water pump doesnt pump water, It just moves it along. Gravity moves water. If your concerned get a inline electric water pump. I have a elec on my rig and i only use it to burp air out when i have to drain the system

It'll work fine. I ran a rear radiator in my old yota with a 350 and it flowed more than enough water. You're issue will be getting enough air flow if anything.

4.3 stock pump will work just fine. The biggest issue and one to pay close attention to is how to easily burp the system of air.

getting the air out aint hard either, save yourself a bunch of hassel and put some sort of bleeder valve close to the thermostat cause thats at the top of the motor and is a gay spot to get air out of if you dont...

This picture is of when i was narrowing my truck.... but you can see the pipe and hose and bleeder thing i made out of a peice of alum. pipe with a threaded hole that fitts to a radiator drain plug that works great for the air

100_1865.jpg

I did have my rad in the back of my buggy , it worked ok for crawlin , but sucked for any logging road driving and hill climbs.
I ened up putting the rad up front and running a mechanical fan , witch solved my cooling issues.
and no more noisy electric fans anymore

don't forget to get the lines the same as they were in the front! i just got my buggy up and running and thought i could get away with reversing the rad. hoses, and it didn't work.

any one know of a good wright on this i am looking at moving mine from front to back.. i just wann know what pipe is good pipe to use how far away from exuast to keep it and good tricks on running the hoses stuff to look for and watch out for!

any one know of a good wright on this i am looking at moving mine from front to back.. i just wann know what pipe is good pipe to use how far away from exuast to keep it and good tricks on running the hoses stuff to look for and watch out for!

Search my name in the garage area and the title will be secret squirl...

i ran the cheaper galve/zinc coated pipe rather than the copper like some people run...hoses r the easy part, find out the best place to route the pipes to get them close, then use a wire hanger or somthing u can bend to put in place of where the hose needs to go ie bends/lengths. then go to an auto parts store and find what ever hoses will match. the bleeder T is also a good thing to put in. i put mine at the highest heater hose on my toy and got all the air out that way. hahaha there is a vid of me overheating on bonus line in the RG before i put the bleeder in, make sure you get all the air out!!!

when I had mine in the rear. (way back, since then put it up front again)

I bent some old 1/2 inch flatbar in the shape that the tubes needed to be in to fit and had the local muffler shop bend up the good aluminized tubing to the same shape as the flatbar patterns. had to cut one tube in half and to fit it in the frame rails when done.

so where yeah guys running this thru the frame rail or just along side it seems like it would be really close to the muffler if not ran the out side where it would get ripped off or broke and pick up a bit of heat from the muffler if ran on the inside

so where yeah guys running this thru the frame rail or just along side it seems like it would be really close to the muffler if not ran the out side where it would get ripped off or broke and pick up a bit of heat from the muffler if ran on the inside

i just ran mine on the inside of the frame rails...i wouldnt worry about the heat from ur muffler, there is enough air movment between the two so long as there are no rubber fittings or hose next to the muffler. i ran mine through the factory holes in the mid frame cross member, if you do that you dont have to go under or try to wedge it between the cab and crossmember. you might have to torch the holes a little bigger i dont remember. in the front driver side i ran it right by the engine mount and used a 90 degree hose to the water pump, on the pass front the pipe ran right next to the ac/OB air pump then ran a hose that was a U shape up to the thermostat. just make sure its forward enough to not rub on any pullys and make sure they are mounted good...remember the motor moves under torque compared to the frame so make sure there is some flex.