• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

MSD 6 AL no fire

halcat

Left my CB radio on for two weeks and ran my battery dead. Put a charge back in the battery and now have no fire at the plugs. It's a big chevy with fast fuel injection and a MSD 6AL ign. Can the battery going dead real slow kill the MSD or erase the info in the fast injection?ive had dead batteries before and always charged and go. The hand held with the fast shows 11.7 V and no error codes. Motor turns over real fast, just no spark at the plug. I've got to make it to Adventure Off Road Park this weekend!

i just went through this same issue with the gin and juice rig. a quick way to make sure your ignition box is toast is either check it according to msd recomendations {you can find the diagraghm on they'er web site} or i just ran a hot wire straight from my battery to the hot side of the coil and spun the motor over, no fire = no ignition. i changed my box and bam she fired up. msd has a wiring diagrahm on there web site that shows you the proper way to check the box to make sure its good or not. i see were you said 11.7 volts. i know a msd has to have 12 volts to work. not sure if the .3 volts would cause that problem.

Well it's fixed. Captive discharge systems only feed fire to coil when the engine is turning over. The + coil side is not hot until you ignite the starter. I poured gas down the fast and it fired, but a relay that controls the injectors opening was bad. I'm ready to ride!!! Thanks guys.

Elliott said:
What fast setup are you running
I'll have to check the model no. It's on a 489 chevy and will support 650 hp. The relay that controls the fuel pump was the one I changed. Tha pump was actually running at correct pressure but would not let fuel in. The relay must have something to do with the injectors, hell I don't know, it's running!