• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Mt. Bike Trails

olllllllo

Where are they all hiding in Snohomish County?

Anybody got any maps/pics/writeups/links to good ones? The pavement is getting old already.

My roommate is supposed to be checking out Monte Cristo this week, but I'm looking for some other scenic rides. I'm not looking for 'keel over and die' rides, but something more fun and challenging.

Thanks! :hi:

Like rail trails? There is some really cool trails up highway410 but they for the most part moderate to technical trail. Very scenic. Go to REI and check out their MTBike books. I have a few of them. They are pretty good.

Attachments

• MTB.jpg
    MTB.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
Pilchuck tree farm is pretty close to you, they have trails for all skill levels. I havent been there in a few years but I just started riding my bike again and I was going to check it out in the next few weeks.

Comet said:
Actually Reiter would be pretty cool to ride mt. bikes in.
I was actually thinking poopchute would be pretty fun to fly off of.

.....landing, on the other hand, might be a little frightening.
Comet said:
If it wasn't for all those damned Jeeps! :flipoff:
At least I dont have to worry about you. :flipoff:

I MTbikes walker in the winter. Man, what a mess that was. I had a blast though.

Comet doesn't have a Jeep. He has a heep . :flipoff:

There's tons of places to ride... Galbraith Mt and KRASSKIKI in Bellingham, Japanese Gultch in Mukilteo, you also have Cranberry Lake in Anacortes. You can also go to www.mtbr.com and then click on locations for Washington. You can also read other riders inputs about the trails. You can always hit up the Whistler Mt bike part as well they just opened for the new season.:devil2:

monte cristo is a great scenic ride. it follows a FS road up a moderate hill and ends in the old camp. right now it's more than likely snowed in, and i would hazzard a guess has some nasty slides covering parts of the road.

outside of northbend the old CCC trails are really cool to ride. they are all old logging roads that have been shut down. there's some dispute about legal access to get to the gate. the land owners between the end of the paved road and the gate maintain that the road is private. the truth is that they didn't cut it in and as far as i know have no grounds to keep you out; they just don't like the traffic.

also out in north bend - take middlefork road in to the parking lot where the foot bridge crosses the river, about 12 miles after turning off the main road. from there ride inward down miles and miles of FS roads. about 7 or 8 miles in there are some cool waterfalls. you can drive the FS roads quite a ways inward as well. not challenging from a 4WD perspective, but it's a cool place to explore. greenies have been trying to get the roads there shut down for years, citing crime rates and meth labs. for a long time the area was (is?) pretty sketchy. a normal car can get 20~30mi off the freeway into the woods in a relatively short span of time.

Used to Ride Walker Valley & Reiter, the motorcycle trails are fun.

St. Edwards over in the Kenmore/Bothell area is fun but you will need a trail guide until you learn the place as it is cram packed with trails.

Used to also do Pillchuck/Arlington. Fun place buts there was always an abundance of horse crap/piss on the trail...makes you smell real nice by the end of the ride.

Can't remember the name but there was/is a cool place down by Bonney Lake.

Tiger Mountain on Hwy 18.

Grand Ridge in Issaquah...if it doesn't have Condos built on it by know.

Sorry, most are not in Snohomish County though.

Another vote for Paradise Lake rd, aka White Oaks, aka Crystal Lake.

Cherry Valley is good if you know where you're going.

Couple of good rides back in the Spada Lake / Sultan Basin area.

Jobless said:
Used to Ride Walker Valley & Reiter, the motorcycle trails are fun.

St. Edwards over in the Kenmore/Bothell area is fun but you will need a trail guide until you learn the place as it is cram packed with trails.

Used to also do Pillchuck/Arlington. Fun place buts there was always an abundance of horse crap/piss on the trail...makes you smell real nice by the end of the ride.

Can't remember the name but there was/is a cool place down by Bonney Lake.

Tiger Mountain on Hwy 18.

Grand Ridge in Issaquah...if it doesn't have Condos built on it by know.

Sorry, most are not in Snohomish County though.

The place by Bonney Lake as known as Victor Falls is permitly closed. The city needed more money so they are building houses. But they did promise to put a trail in, a paved walking trial. Fauckers :looser:

MarcW said:
monte cristo>? single speed friendlY? or really hilly?

elevation gain is under 1000ft. it would suck on a single speed. it's not bad but there's definitely some small climbs

SeaRubi said:
elevation gain is under 1000ft. it would suck on a single speed. it's not bad but there's definitely some small climbs

1000 ft is alot on my bike, almost 40 pounds, SS, and street tires right now :flipoff: