• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

MUDBOG!!! March 22nd

Camotanker

One of the local guys has a HUGE mud pit and is having a get together on March 22nd. He has a nice mud bog section also to see how far you can get through it.

The location is Enumclaw. I will post the address as soon as I get it. Looks like it will be a big turn out!!!

There will be a section to do mud racing too.

Dont post the address until the week before or send it in pm form to those that responded to this thread. This will keep the pierce country party poopers from trying to close that event down.

Dont post the address until the week before or send it in pm form to those that responded to this thread. This will keep the pierce country party poopers from trying to close that event down.

Seriously... Unless you're fully permitted for the event, don't post a location until the VERY last minute. The econazi's are watching. Doesn't matter if it's private property or not. I've had multiple events that never got rolling.
In Enumclaw you MAY be in King County which isn't much better :)

Went to a mudbog in Bonney Lake a couple years ago...

It wasn't posted on forums to my knowledge...

It was on private property...

State and County Police showed up(parked across the street) and started handing out tickets to everyone that drove out with even a speck of mud on their rigs...

Even the people that were using the pressure washer to clean off before leaving...

It's the same ticket DOT gives to dump truck drivers for not hosing off before getting on the road... Then they hand out tickets for everything else on your rig that they thought was illegal...

Just a FYI...

Went to a mudbog in Bonney Lake a couple years ago...

It wasn't posted on forums to my knowledge...

It was on private property...

State and County Police showed up(parked across the street) and started handing out tickets to everyone that drove out with even a speck of mud on their rigs...

Even the people that were using the pressure washer to clean off before leaving...

It's the same ticket DOT gives to dump truck drivers for not hosing off before getting on the road... Then they hand out tickets for everything else on your rig that they thought was illegal...

Just a FYI...

That sounds like the one n 410 at the pumkin patch. He's been doing it for years as a side show to the corn maze and pumpkin patch. I heard that even TRAILERED rigs got nailed. If I'm thinking of the same spot they were there because of a complaint...

The property where I wanted to hold a few events is just off to the Northwest of that property. I don't think our property corners touch but it's VERY close.

It can be done, but it's either COMPLETELY off the radar, thus attendance will suck, or you need to be fully permitted. A temporary use permit can be granted, it also requires permit and approval from the fire marshall. If the property is in an area with POTENTIAL wetlands, a wetland study will need to be completed prior to any approval being granted. If you have a natural mud bog, you probably are in wetlands... sucks to hear but this is the voice of been there, done that...

I could have had events at my property if I had been willing to spend the time and money to do a full wetland study but the $20k it would have taken and the risk that it would have involved wasn't worth it. If you have a natural mud bog, guaranteed that you have wetlands to deal with. If it's small enough it may be too small to be regulated. If it's over I think 1250 square feet, it can be classified as wetlands and subject to all the rules that affect wetlands and buffer zones.

I'd like to attend if this is a go. I went to the pumpkin patch on 410 a couple seasons ago, and what I heard was folks not washing their rigs were throwing big chunks all the way into Bonney Lake. That is dangerous, and should be ticketed. All the folks I saw leaving, myself included, used the pressure washer and the police parked across the street gave a look-over on the rig as about to enter road and said OK. The problems were apparently the days before. Anyway, an available washer would be good.

I'd like to attend if this is a go. I went to the pumpkin patch on 410 a couple seasons ago, and what I heard was folks not washing their rigs were throwing big chunks all the way into Bonney Lake. That is dangerous, and should be ticketed. All the folks I saw leaving, myself included, used the pressure washer and the police parked across the street gave a look-over on the rig as about to enter road and said OK. The problems were apparently the days before. Anyway, an available washer would be good.

Yep, same one...

And there should be a cleaning station... But, the cops where still ticketing people that did clean up...

I was there well after dark with a line of rigs waiting to clean off... Literally, hours of waiting...

And I saw the cops turning people back after cleaning to get back in line with less mud on their rigs than when they got there...

Don't post dates or location until it's time... And look for someplace that's not real visable from a main road...

This event WILL be happening on March 22. I will hold off on the date. Sounds like an all day event. The property owner is working on some possible sponsorships for the event, prizes and things like that. There will be food and grills so bring something. There will be a big tent. There will be hoses to wash off. This is going to be awesome!!!!