• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My Angryfab buggy "ISSUES"

Few quick pics I took while I was in the shop. My cooler has seen better days, I need to pony up and get one with the magnetic lid like Broady's, but after 2k for a new transmission and about another 2k for some metal to start a flatbed, the cooler is at the bottom of the list.

Attachments

• PXL_20210913_234951078.jpg
    PXL_20210913_234951078.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 204
  • PXL_20210913_234940683.jpg
    PXL_20210913_234940683.jpg
    360 KB · Views: 187
  • PXL_20210913_235004011.jpg
    PXL_20210913_235004011.jpg
    348 KB · Views: 213
That's a nice color to go with the green. So what's up with the trans? Was it stock?
It was a mild built ptc, I broke the case where tcase bolts up, due to loose bolts. Had a local guy the was highly recommend to swap the parts into a new case, and I guess he isn't that great after all. I had it out 3 times last week, with him trying to get it right. I got to ride about 30 minutes Saturday at Hale after driving 5.5 hours there. So I called ptc and getting a complete new one with 36 element drum and hd front drum. If I break this case I will get an ati or Reid and swap everything over. The last case lasted 3 years tho.

It was a mild built ptc, I broke the case where tcase bolts up, due to loose bolts. Had a local guy the was highly recommend to swap the parts into a new case, and I guess he isn't that great after all. I had it out 3 times last week, with him trying to get it right. I got to ride about 30 minutes Saturday at Hale after driving 5.5 hours there. So I called ptc and getting a complete new one with 36 element drum and hd front drum. If I break this case I will get an ati or Reid and swap everything over. The last case lasted 3 years tho.
Well shucks, that's no fun. Any idea what's going on inside of it? First time I was ever in a trans was when I rebuilt my wifes 350, which is about the same as a 400, far as I know. Wonder if yours isn't still salvageable. Not that you shouldn't go with the new ptc but you could maybe sell it or keep it for a spare

Well shucks, that's no fun. Any idea what's going on inside of it? First time I was ever in a trans was when I rebuilt my wifes 350, which is about the same as a 400, far as I know. Wonder if yours isn't still salvageable. Not that you shouldn't go with the new ptc but you could maybe sell it or keep it for a spare
First problem was he forgot to put the pin in on the internal linkage, so had to pull it for that.
Then, after I got it in, I made it about 1/8 mile and it burnt the high band, because of the valve body not being correct.
Pulled it out, he fixed that. Then it was acting like it was low on fluid, but if you pulled the dipstick, it would puke fluid out. And if it had been setting for a few hours, you would have to set in gear for a bit, before it would prime back up. Reverse would hardly pull even after it primed.

Ptc is going to give me a few hundred for my old one.

Few quick pics I took while I was in the shop. My cooler has seen better days, I need to pony up and get one with the magnetic lid like Broady's, but after 2k for a new transmission and about another 2k for some metal to start a flatbed, the cooler is at the bottom of the list.
Sucks to read about all the trans issues! While I miss the white/green color combo since it was OG, the grey/green looks mighty good too.

Latest posts