• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My Bus,,, My Bus,,, My Bus...

OK, here's some stuff I've picked up for the build...

Got a fridge, stove, shitter, the smaller fresh tank, black tank, hood with light and fan, vent and some cushions... Thanks Kev...

0804101406.jpg

0804101516.jpg

0804101519a.jpg

0804101520.jpg

I scored a larger fresh tank, a pump, converter/charger and a cabinet for free...

0804101517.jpg

0804101519.jpg

0804101518.jpg

Here's what I've drawn up for the bunk framing...

0804101555.jpg

Need to go pick up some lumber, but still have to finish stripping the floor and get it painted...

ain'tstuckjustresting, hooked a brotha up...

38 gal... I'll look into adding another valve so I can run the bus stuff and fill the Blazer tanks if need be...

Thanks again Chad...:awesomework:

0804101636.jpg

This thing is going to be sweet when done:drooling1::011:

So will you "feel" your wheeler and trailer behind you at all or will you have to do some motor mods to get it to motor down the freeway.....know what I meen?

Funny thing about those Intl's w/ Allison A/T. They feel gutless empty but you can load them to the gills and they are still the same amount of gutless. Plus you just mash the throttle no matter what.

We have a 20' Intl box van that I tought was a pig when I picked it up empty. We added about 18,000lbs of crap to it and it drives about the same.

Nice to see ya again Luey, glad to hook ya up! :awesomework:

Funny thing about those Intl's w/ Allison A/T. They feel gutless empty but you can load them to the gills and they are still the same amount of gutless. Plus you just mash the throttle no matter what.

We have a 20' Intl box van that I tought was a pig when I picked it up empty. We added about 18,000lbs of crap to it and it drives about the same.

The Army gave me a bus licence back when i was a young pup and I can agree with that one 100%. They certainly "feel" powerless but no matter what they just keep moving down the road. The mash the gas technique does indeed work best I always used to joke that they needed a toggle switch not a gas pedal.

Picked up a sink that came with a pump faucet and small tank... Plan on using a different faucet and the tank I already have, but these were free with the sink so...

0806101233.jpg

Also picked up a little propane furnace... I know i said there wouldn't be gas heat, but this is small enough I can fit it just about anywhere and $30 for the sink and furnace was to good of a deal to pass up...:cheer:

0806101233a.jpg

So, I'm trying to remove the heaters... From what I've found they don't put off a lot of heat(compaired to the space they take up) and the extra cooling they provide for the engine(minimal) hasn't been a problem for others when removed... Kinda crazy the way they routed this...

The heater hoses coming from the engine both have valves... This one goes to the big heater by the front door...

0806101403b.jpg

From there it shoots over to the drivers side and goes to the box behind the seat...

0806101402.jpg

0806101339.jpg

It runs almost the length of the bus inside to this box...

0806101338b.jpg

Then under and across to this one by the lift...

0806101338.jpg

0806101338a.jpg

It backtracks going threw the two previous boxes and makes its way back to the front to this valve...

0806101403a.jpg

Then back to the engine...

I'm going to loop the one coming from the front box into the last valve and pull the rest out... The last thing I want is for a heater hose to spring a leak and have coolant inside the bus...

So, we got the heaters out... Gonna save them in case I want to do the veggie oil conversion later... Took the front apart to get to the hoses...

0806101607.jpg

Got the lift out, then started pulling up the plywood on the floor... Almost got it all out... My oldest boy is getting after it....

0808101551.jpg

0808101550.jpg

0808101651.jpg

0808101905.jpg

0808101907.jpg

Have to clean everything up and prep the floor surface for paint...

It looks bad, but it's surface rust... I'll hit it with the wire wheel and coat it with some por15...

I just about ready to start building...:cool:

I don't know how I missed this thread, this is awesome!

Since it hasn't been asked, do you mind if I ask how much you payed for it originally?

To put it into persepective, a comprarble Class C in good shape with similar running gear would be close to $100k, with a Class A being a bit more. You could probably get a used one for about half that.

Can't wait to see this thing develop.:corn: