• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My Bus,,, My Bus,,, My Bus...

I paid $1000...

I'm into it with everything for $1155...

This might come in cheaper than the Blazer build...:redneck:

EDIT: That includes the 12' awning I picked up yesterday from the neighbor...:awesomework:

Last edited:
This is my first time seeing the thread also, I have to agree this is pretty sweet:awesomework:

I will definately be checking back later to see updates. Are you going to put any type of entertainment stuff in there for example flat screen tv, stereo, stripper pole,????:redneck:

And what are your plans for the exterior? Are you going to paint it, leave the stop sign & flashers?

This is my first time seeing the thread also, I have to agree this is pretty sweet:awesomework:

I will definately be checking back later to see updates. Are you going to put any type of entertainment stuff in there for example flat screen tv, stereo, stripper pole,????:redneck:

And what are your plans for the exterior? Are you going to paint it, leave the stop sign & flashers?

Might add some creature comforts later, but nothing planned for now...

Gonna paint it the same as the Blazer...

I have an idea already for the stop sign...:redneck:

Well, the floor is out and getting ready to paint it...

The oldest boy was getting after it... He got in trouble a few days ago and he's kicked it up a notch to get back in Dad's good graces... He's usually a pretty hard worker, but you can tell when he wants something or trying to get his ass out of the fire...:redneck:

Here's the lift out and on the ground... That is heavy as hell...

0809101517.jpg

Got a scolding on another forum about letting the boy work without safety glasses... I know better, having my eye drilled a couple times... Now I'm being a more responsible parent...:D

0809101518.jpg

0809101848.jpg

Here she is in all her gutted glory... Gonna finish up the prep and hit the floor with some rusty metal primer then the black enamel...

0809101849.jpg

0809101849a.jpg

Looks sweet :awesomework: Looks like your boy is getting some good vocational training in before school fires back up.

Sweet they work....i still cant believe you scored this thing for 1000 and there arent any big problems including rust....awesome find:awesomework:

Started taking out the windows today...

Had to get after the rivets, so I can skin it...

I thought I hated rivets when i was building the Blazer...

Then I went and bought a bus that has a million rivets...

0811101357.jpg

0811101358.jpg

0811101502.jpg

0811101821.jpg

I picked up some 20g sheet metal that will be skinned over the holes... Two sheets 4'x6'9" for $40...

Then I'll cut some of the pink styrofoam and stuff it on the inside for insulation...

There will be a couple of windows, but they will be cut in after I find some decent RV ones...

Me and the boys got some of the widows skinned... Got hot so, took a swimming break... Gonna get back out there and throw up another piece...

0813101557.jpg

0813101552a.jpg

0813101552.jpg

0813101602a.jpg

0813101602.jpg

It was to dark to get pics of the other sheet installed last night...

We'll get the drivers side done today and start on the passenger side...

0814100927.jpg

0814100927a.jpg

On of my neighbors gave me some pretty thick galv sheet... Think it's 12 or 14 gauge... I plan on using this to make the side door disappear... Another freebie...:awesomework:

0814100928.jpg