• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My Dodge... here we go..

JOOP

I WON a COOKIE
I'm leaking diesel fuel somewhere up by the injectors or injector lines. Every time I park it I see diesel on the ground and can smell it. I open the hood and see its wet with fuel by the fuel lines. I fire up the rig but don't see anything leaking. So I can't find the problem. Anyone know of any common area's to look for?

1999 CTD Dodge 2500 4x4, Auto

I assume it only leaks when its running and does it start ok Jon?

If it only leaks running then its gotta be between the pump and injectors.

I assume it only leaks when its running and does it start ok Jon?

If it only leaks running then its gotta be between the pump and injectors.

Starts fine, I'm assuming it's leaking while running under pressure.

I cleaned it off real good with brake clean today and ran it at idle for awhile then at 2000rpms. Didn't see it leaking anywhere. I'm havlf tempted to mount my gopro cam under my hood and take it for a test drive to see if it records it spraying anywhere.

A common area of leakage is right where the injetcor lines enter the heads. The fuel lines use a seal between them and the rest of the shizzie going to the injector.

Loosen the nuts and then retighten. If that doesn't fix it then the leak may be somewhere else or you may need to replace the seals.

A common area of leakage is right where the injetcor lines enter the heads. The fuel lines use a seal between them and the rest of the shizzie going to the injector.

Loosen the nuts and then retighten. If that doesn't fix it then the leak may be somewhere else or you may need to replace the seals.

That's the area I first suspected. Because the lines are moving or even vibration on anything. They are solid.

I'll have to give your idea a try and see if that stops the leak.