• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My long awaited build thread...

So--now its time to get to the t-case. Have I mentioned yet--how flipping HEAVY this thing is. So I got the tace chained to the tranny jack--BTW---this t-case is fawkin heavy--thought my balls fell off but they were just in my pocket :redneck:

So I got the t-case up and under the rig and as I suspected that pesky tub was in the damn way(had a feeling it would be.

here is how it sat up against the tub

joe64.jpg

So I called joe and told him what I had to do------yup make another mess but this time--with sheet metal :redneck:
So I ripped the seat out and market it and yup---made a mess :D

joe65.jpg

joe66.jpg

I was really hoping to get the t-case to around 1" below the frame rails but the t-case got to the point to where if I was to rais it more ALOT of the tub would have to be removed due to the shifter assy(it would hit the floor). So this is where it ended up.

joe67.jpg

joe68.jpg

damnit crash you've out done yourself again...:awesomework:
I think you need to work on your welding skillz tho they're looking like bigbird took a dump:wtf:

:fawkdancesmiley: :fawkdancesmiley: :fawkdancesmiley:

So now that the t-case was in place to where I wanted it--it was time to build the cross memeber--those who know my work will reconize this setup :awesomework: I really like it and have used it many a times

joe69.jpg

joe70.jpg

joe71.jpg

joe72.jpg

joe73.jpg

joe74.jpg

joe75.jpg

And since that big chuck of alum. is just sitting there--I figured I would give it a little METAL to rub on :flipoff:

This is what I got sone tonight

joe76.jpg

joe77.jpg

joe78.jpg

So tommorow I will drop the crossmember and t-case out. I have a little more trimming to do and then toss the works back in for good :awesomework:

damnit crash you've out done yourself again...:awesomework:
I think you need to work on your welding skillz tho they're looking like bigbird took a dump:wtf:

:fawkdancesmiley: :fawkdancesmiley: :fawkdancesmiley:

Some day I will be able to do good welds,lol...

Exceedingly clean per usual :cool:

I am surprised the concession wasn't made to hack the floor to get a flat belly... But there's no doubt it's stout under there!!

Never thought Id say it But THAT IS GOING TO BE ONE SICK AZZ JEEP.Very clean work Mike. :awesomework:

Its only 21"---due to the doubler...
Thats the issue I had when ran a doubler setup in my last wrangler. If i remember right mine was only 18 inches though, and I couldnt go very fast due to driveline vibrations. Might not been a big problem though if I had a hi dolla driveline built for it. BTW looking good Mike.:awesomework:

Well joe came up today and brought a few goodies. I also told him to bring up his 42's so---of course we JUST had to put them on..:awesomework:
joe79.jpg

joe80.jpg

joe81.jpg

I think joes jaw dropped once they were put on :redneck:

So the next step was to remove the new cross member and t-case to seal the t-case to the tranny and remove a tad more sheet metal ---yup a lil more messy time :redneck:

And while it was out I got what needed to be painted all painted up :awesomework:

joe82.jpg

joe83.jpg

I got lucky with the fuel lines--just a little bending and they popped right back into the stock holding fixtures

Latest posts