• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My long awaited build thread...

And figured it was time to get the shifter assy done up. For now I am leaving the stak case shifters alone and only bent the doubler shifter enough to get it thru the floor--will fit the shifters to joe once the floor is done and a seat back in.. I had to notch the floor behind the origional shifter hole and under the floor to clear the stak case shifter/shifter rods. Plus I had to slit/bend the floor at the new hole hole (showed joe a little trick :awesomework: )

joe84.jpg

joe85.jpg

joe86.jpg

So since the t-case was now in the weight distribution was done which means I can now do the rear shackles. My setup ended up being right on the money for the shackle length and started building and they are almost done...

damn mike that thing looks killer! I bet joe is happy as hell. quick question though...I know my waggy springs flattened out a lot from when I first put them in...when you did the shackle reversal did you set the shackle angle anticipating the springs would flatten out? I have plans in my head... :D

damn mike that thing looks killer! I bet joe is happy as hell. quick question though...I know my waggy springs flattened out a lot from when I first put them in...when you did the shackle reversal did you set the shackle angle anticipating the springs would flatten out? I have plans in my head... :D

You ALWAYS set your shackle angle to what the spring does when FLAT--you don't want it invering and popping up against the frame....

Not to hijack the thread..but..... Lately i've been so up and down wiht my shackle reverse because of my retarded wheel hop when i climbed steep hills, well i think i finally figured her out and i dont think it was the front causing it, my yj springs in the back were so "S" from before i put my traction bar it was a loss cause. So i got some 1.5 RE springs coming, i almost gaurantee all will be gone:; Still have love the shackle reverse:cheer: :cheer:

I like the way you did the back spring set up, give me some idears:masturbanana[1]:

Not to hijack the thread..but..... Lately i've been so up and down wiht my shackle reverse because of my retarded wheel hop when i climbed steep hills, well i think i finally figured her out and i dont think it was the front causing it, my yj springs in the back were so "S" from before i put my traction bar it was a loss cause. So i got some 1.5 RE springs coming, i almost gaurantee all will be gone:; Still have love the shackle reverse:cheer: :cheer:

I like the way you did the back spring set up, give me some idears:masturbanana[1]:

I did a CJ 8 and used RE springs----they do work good for slowing spring wrap but the only downfall is how the eye is reversed---creats a grabber at the shackle

Yes I am very happy...:D

Ok I got the rear shackles all done and the back of the rig painted up..
Is there anything better than huffing paint fumes..:redneck:

joe87.jpg

joe88.jpg

Latest posts