• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My own toy thang.....

I'm in the process of switching the buggy over to 5.38s and a 4.3 Atlas as well as a bunch of other much needed tlc.

Got tired of breaking 6.17 ring gears (5) and cracking 300 cases (2) and one broken rear output. That was with stock gearing in the 300 so not near the case pressure that a 4:1 makes. Mikes driving style isn't abusive so the case "should" hold up for some time I would think. I didn't want to risk a 4:1/300 time bomb and couldn't find a STAK300 replace-a-case......so cramming an Atlas in there...yay

Polish that **** like White Trash does his Toy crap and call it a day.:fawkdancesmiley::D

Ya wanna know how I polished my toy axles? I traded them for 1 tons. I polished my toy duals my replacing them with a 231/300. Then polished the 300 by putting an atlas II in its place. I tell ya, that toyota crap sure was shiny right up until I parted it out. :redneck:

I would love to do an atlas--but......

My budget isn't huge for the rebuild and I gotta prioritize at the same time make the rig better than it was.

So I have been running the 300 for like 7 years with zero failures, multiple trips to the hammers and running 316:1. So for me I have no problem upgrading something that has been a perfect fit for me. Now had I had issues with it then yes I would be eager to swap it out.

Main concern is make myself safer--been lucky for some time.

Will be looking at the JB gearset and gotta call them on there 300 adapter to see when they will be back in stock.

I'm in the process of switching the buggy over to 5.38s and a 4.3 Atlas as well as a bunch of other much needed tlc.

Got tired of breaking 6.17 ring gears (5) and cracking 300 cases (2) and one broken rear output. That was with stock gearing in the 300 so not near the case pressure that a 4:1 makes. Mikes driving style isn't abusive so the case "should" hold up for some time I would think. I didn't want to risk a 4:1/300 time bomb and couldn't find a STAK300 replace-a-case......so cramming an Atlas in there...yay

Glad to see ya finally able to step up to a better case..

Your the reason companies have no or limited warranties my friend:fawkdancesmiley:. In 10 years in my old buggy my bone stock with upgraded rear output 300 lived in harmony with the 7-17s that were in the 60s with no failures. I don't think I was easy on that rig at all but didn't have the HP you had. I must say I was suprised that it the ring and pinions lived for that long as the pinion gear is tiny on that gear set. The new buggy has an atlas 4.3 in it, but with a V8 instead of a V6.

Last edited: