• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My really slow 4runner build up

I want it gone asap, all I want is to fund tube for the buggy. I want everybody to understand it is a chassis only, consider it as a vehicle with all the fab work done, just bolt in your own parts.

Well Tomorrow family is coming to town actually tonight and my cousin is buying my quad!!! If i can convince Mom to let me park a project in her new shiny clean garage . . . I liked that thing since you first got working on it!

Any chance we could work sumthing out to keep the links on the vehicle dont care about the shocks . . . just want the links if at all possible???

Well Tomorrow family is coming to town actually tonight and my cousin is buying my quad!!! If i can convince Mom to let me park a project in her new shiny clean garage . . . I liked that thing since you first got working on it!

Any chance we could work sumthing out to keep the links on the vehicle dont care about the shocks . . . just want the links if at all possible???

PM me to work out details.

Do you want this thread closed down darius since the build is no longer?

Maybe keep it going for a bit, I'll delete it once it's sold. It's been posted for sale here, but this is the only place it's getting attention. Maybe move it to for sale and leave the build up pics?

I say just close it/leave it as is for reference for anybody who wants to read thru the buildup.....

I also know there is a way to link to pics already uploaded to the site--I just can't remember how...

PM is full but how about this:
So I just saw the roll bar in the 4 sale, is going on it's own. What is the price for the frame/body What is left of the OME wiriing, how can I come look a what is all there. Seen me a phone # I am off this weekend, but t-day is busy as well as most of friday. Once again, all is saw was the cage for 800, or was that the frame and body too.

thanks,,

PM is full but how about this:
So I just saw the roll bar in the 4 sale, is going on it's own. What is the price for the frame/body What is left of the OME wiriing, how can I come look a what is all there. Seen me a phone # I am off this weekend, but t-day is busy as well as most of friday. Once again, all is saw was the cage for 800, or was that the frame and body too.

thanks,,

89 4 runner frame and body with rollcage - $1000 - $1000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2007-11-15, 9:06AM PST

am selling my 89 4 runner frame and body, I built a 6pt cage for it, and the 4 points for the cab area are tied into the frame, I also mounted the seat's to the cage, so there are mounts already there if you decide to use some sort of suspension bucket. It has nerf bars that the cage is tied in through. It is also bobbed 13 inches and already has bodywork done minus paint, I cut off the rear of the frame and capped it with a tube hoop. I got 95% done with the project and have decided to take all of my hard part's and build a rock buggy, it has motor mount's for a chevy 4.3, the winch was mounted between the front crossmember and the engine for the best approach angle. The project was 4 linked front and rear with airstruts, so it has shockmount's for a coilover or airstrut front and rear. The link's all mounted to the skidplate and the skidplate is included, I used a th350 and dana 300, so I will include the tranny mount fi you decide to use the same components.

The bad, I kept the tranny and transfercase tucked up as high as possible, so I cut a pretty good chunk out of the floor to make it fit, it will require fabricating something to cover the hole back up.

THIS IS CHASSIS AND FRAME ONLY DOES NOT INCLUDE AXLES, LINKS, MOTOR, TRANNY, T CASE OR SHOCKS, I WAS ONLY LISTING WHAT CAN BE BOLTED BACK IN PLACE.

89 4 runner frame and body with rollcage - $1000 - $1000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2007-11-15, 9:06AM PST

am selling my 89 4 runner frame and body, I built a 6pt cage for it, and the 4 points for the cab area are tied into the frame, I also mounted the seat's to the cage, so there are mounts already there if you decide to use some sort of suspension bucket. It has nerf bars that the cage is tied in through. It is also bobbed 13 inches and already has bodywork done minus paint, I cut off the rear of the frame and capped it with a tube hoop. I got 95% done with the project and have decided to take all of my hard part's and build a rock buggy, it has motor mount's for a chevy 4.3, the winch was mounted between the front crossmember and the engine for the best approach angle. The project was 4 linked front and rear with airstruts, so it has shockmount's for a coilover or airstrut front and rear. The link's all mounted to the skidplate and the skidplate is included, I used a th350 and dana 300, so I will include the tranny mount fi you decide to use the same components.

The bad, I kept the tranny and transfercase tucked up as high as possible, so I cut a pretty good chunk out of the floor to make it fit, it will require fabricating something to cover the hole back up.

THIS IS CHASSIS AND FRAME ONLY DOES NOT INCLUDE AXLES, LINKS, MOTOR, TRANNY, T CASE OR SHOCKS, I WAS ONLY LISTING WHAT CAN BE BOLTED BACK IN PLACE.

That's pretty much the deal, 1k for the chassis, cage, and fabbed stuff, if anything more is wanted shoot me a PM (cleaned out my box)

Hey Darius,

After some observation 1st hand, it seems to me that you are both more of an artist than you lead onto being + you tend to be kind of understated in your build. Everything has a purpose and nothing more.

Interesting stuff.

Say, what has your other builds looked like and is your new D-buggy going to be designed with the same principle?

Hey Darius,

After some observation 1st hand, it seems to me that you are both more of an artist than you lead onto being + you tend to be kind of understated in your build. Everything has a purpose and nothing more.

Interesting stuff.

Say, what has your other builds looked like and is your new D-buggy going to be designed with the same principle?

Hell yes, function over beauty, anyday. I don't need to go post everything I do on the net to prove a damn thing. You getting anything done on that thing?

Hell yes, function over beauty, anyday. I don't need to go post everything I do on the net to prove a damn thing. You getting anything done on that thing?

Got a bobbed roof on it. Yep, that's it. I think later today we are going to move things around, out with the old, in with the new. I still need to figure out the exact drivetrain I am going to run and then aquire stuff.

Next step will be to get the axle link mounts made and then have some links threaded. I'd really like to have a rolling chassis.

:D I'll keep you updated.