• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My Wide Open Design Evolution Chassis Build (Madness)

Re: My Wide Open Design Evolution Chassis Build

sawzall are you going to make to Dixie run this year with your new ride?

halcat said:
sawzall are you going to make to Dixie run this year with your new ride?
I am trying but it might not be ready. I have 2 weeks of vacation before then and I plan on 12-14 hour days in the shop so we will see.

Really like this. Looks great man! :dblthumb:

Sawzall took my Rockwell jeep through crackhead last night with Steve, our trail leader. We didn't think it would fit but it did. need you and your new buggy there to show us up!

I have the belly pans, coolant jug, fire extinguisher, and tail panel mounted. Tore it all down for final welding on the chassis which will start Tuesday night by a much better welder than me. Got the 14 bolt built and truss installed. Took the TH400 to a local shop for rebuild mainly to save time. Hopefully I will paint the chassis by the end of this week and I will post some photos.

Hal, I talked to Steve last night and he told me you made it through Crackhead. I wish I could have seen that because some places are a tight squeeze for a one ton rig. Maybe he got some video.

Sawzall said:
I have the belly pans, coolant jug, fire extinguisher, and tail panel mounted. Tore it all down for final welding on the chassis which will start Tuesday night by a much better welder than me. Got the 14 bolt built and truss installed. Took the TH400 to a local shop for rebuild mainly to save time. Hopefully I will paint the chassis by the end of this week and I will post some photos.

Hal, I talked to Steve last night and he told me you made it through Crackhead. I wish I could have seen that because some places are a tight squeeze for a one ton rig. Maybe he got some video.

Good deal! What color are you going with?

Sawzall said:

I think rear steer help out quite a bit, but even with that, he was doin some drive'n for sure :driving:

You guys are a great bunch to ride with. When sawzall gets going we all need to plan another trip, with wide trails!

I was desperately trying to take it to Dixie Run but I didn't get it finished. I worked up to 14 hours on my days off. It is mostly finished except for the wiring and a few other odds and ends.

Here are some crappy cell phone photos.

IMAG0585.jpg

IMAG0584.jpg

IMAG0582.jpg

IMAG0587.jpg

IMAG0586.jpg

I am working on the engine wiring harness now. I am converting it to drive by cable.

IMAG0572.jpg

Hey sawzall, we had a great time at Dixie run . You should have been there. I ran $90.00 worth of gas through me jeep. I noticed you are running an accumulator , I've got one too. Going down crack head mine kicked in several times. That could save your motor. You will have the best rig where ever you go,looks sharp!

Thanks everyone.

Halcat, I am glad to hear your wife is OK. I hated to miss Dixie Run but I am trying to make the Harlan ride.