• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My Wide Open Design Evolution Chassis Build (Madness)

Re: My Wide Open Design Evolution Chassis Build

Sawzall said:
IMAG0586.jpg

On your accumulator where did you put your valve so you can turn it on and off?

Got any pics of the inside?

Good job. Impressive for the timeline you were building it. Love this chassis.

hey in the pic of the fuel cell is that the pump wires ran trough the top if so where did you purchase that. i'am doing something similar any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS. the rig looks great.

wont work said:
On your accumulator where did you put your valve so you can turn it on and off? I don't have one yet. I might add one later close to the engine.

Got any pics of the inside?

I don't have a valve on it yet. I might add one later close to the engine.

I still don't have the dash panel in it.

yotabobbed said:
hey in the pic of the fuel cell is that the pump wires ran trough the top if so where did you purchase that. i'am doing something similar any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS. the rig looks great.

That part was carefully removed from a Nissan fuel sending unit. I think it may have been an early Frontier or Xterra part but I am not sure of the exact application. It has a friction nut I think it is called or washer with teeth on the bottom side that holds it in place.

yotabobbed said:

ATL has a really nice setup for running wires into the tank safely.

crawlin85cj said:
ATL has a really nice setup for running wires into the tank safely.
All of the ATL parts look top notch. I thought about buying the ATL setup but I stumbled across this one and liked how it was made. It has an O-ring that seals it to the metal cover.

Where did you get your upper shock tabs or did you make them? Seems like I've seen them on other builds as well.

ryannuttz said:
Where did you get your upper shock tabs or did you make them? Seems like I've seen them on other builds as well.
They are included in the WOD shock hoop kits.

Well here is is mostly finished. It probably won't look like this after next weekend for it's first ride at Harlan. I know I have been used to a 1.6 Samurai but dang it feels fast. :eek:

SDC12768.jpg

SDC12769.jpg

SDC12770.jpg

SDC12773.jpg

SDC12776.jpg

SDC12777.jpg

SDC12779.jpg

SDC12781.jpg

SDC12793.jpg

SDC12795.jpg

SDC12798.jpg

SDC12800.jpg

SDC12807.jpg

SDC12808.jpg

Sawzall, I just put new tires and aluminum rock rings on my jeep. Was looking forward to showing them off in harlin,but damn I don't think I'll even go now! Boy that thing is Shaaaaarp!

Doesn't look like I am going to be able to make Harlan either. Got too many problems I am trying to fix. Hate I am going to miss it. The buggy sure looks sweet.

Latest posts