• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Naches closed!

68jeepsterkid

Just talked to the Squaw rock resort and the guy said the Naches trail system is closed right now due to the nasty winter they had, mainly from all the windfall. Does anyone have any info on when or if it will open by the 4th of July? I am trying to plan it out whether we go to Manashtash side or Naches!

July

We are going the 2nd thru the 4th or 5th, you still going? we will have 2 kids this time so we may rent a cabin or RV so if they stay at camp they have stuff to do. I just don't want to reserve unless I'm sure!

I will be going over early that thursday morning what ever that date is. A friend from Canada is bringing his kid also.

camping

I will be going over early that thursday morning what ever that date is. A friend from Canada is bringing his kid also.
Where are you going to stay? I just reserved a cabin and rv site at Squaw rock. That way if Emily wants to hang out with the kids, that way there are things for them to do. I will be getting an rv, but not before we upgrade the house!

Towing up to where we are camped would not be the best thing to do. Your best bet is to drive up Milk Creek Rd (20min), park at the end of the road, trail ride up to the rocks (45min) and meet us at the rocks for the day.

Last edited:
Either route you go--its going to be a good uphill pull. Going up milk pond road from squaw rock is going to be longer than running up rock creek road. Both roads are long and to get to milk pond road you will have to travel down the highway a bit. Granted milk pond road is a tad less steep but its alot longer. Depending on how gutsy you are--you can pull up to mile marker 4ish and unload since there are a number of pull offs and old camp sites in that area and then drive the rig up (only about 3 miles left to the top of the ridge from there)..

Park

Maybe what we'll do is leave one of the jeeps at your camp at night so we don't have to drag them back and forth, or leave both up there and drive my tow rig up every day. Sort of limited cause I want the kids to have fun at camp also, can't be totally self centered!:D