• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

naches/manastash memorial day???

I have been wheeling up at naches for the last 13 years and it is obvious when I see the people that CAN NOT go in the snow! They are the ones that try and dig down to the dirt or go off the trail, we call them 206'ers around here.

Last year I pulled up jus one hill at least 10 rigs that shoud have stayed at home or at camp because they were not equiped to play in the deep snow and had no idea how to drive in it either. i think it would be fun to have road blocks and check vehicles equipment and tires before they can head up the mountains but thats jus me.

I know my group notes all the trails we clear every year with the ranger station to let them know what trails have been cleared of fallen trees. Its how we help give wheelers a good name but unfortunately there are the ones that want to dig in the meadows and ruin it for all of us! I have had words with those people and will continue to because i want my son to be able to enjoy the mountains like I have over the years but dumb ass people are taking that away every weekend they are allowed to be in the mountains.

:beer::beer::beer:

I have been wheeling up at naches for the last 13 years and it is obvious when I see the people that CAN NOT go in the snow! They are the ones that try and dig down to the dirt or go off the trail, we call them 206'ers around here.

Last year I pulled up jus one hill at least 10 rigs that shoud have stayed at home or at camp because they were not equiped to play in the deep snow and had no idea how to drive in it either. i think it would be fun to have road blocks and check vehicles equipment and tires before they can head up the mountains but thats jus me.

I know my group notes all the trails we clear every year with the ranger station to let them know what trails have been cleared of fallen trees. Its how we help give wheelers a good name but unfortunately there are the ones that want to dig in the meadows and ruin it for all of us! I have had words with those people and will continue to because i want my son to be able to enjoy the mountains like I have over the years but dumb ass people are taking that away every weekend they are allowed to be in the mountains.

:beer::beer::beer:

My first time to Naches was in the late '70s...

There has always been the few "bad apples"...

There will be many more "bad apples"...

It's a never ending battle...

......dumb ass people are taking that away every weekend they are allowed to be in the mountains.

Your sentiment fills my heart. Your strife is heart breaking.

If only everyone was as righteous with community awareness as you.

Keep the area closed through memorial weekend. Too many people wheeling one place at the same. Just a few pictures of kaner i saw from last year seam reason enough.

Keep the area closed through memorial weekend. Too many people wheeling one place at the same. Just a few pictures of kaner i saw from last year seam reason enough.

Few pictures you saw???

And now you're making an opinion???

Really???

I'm not saying it shouldn't stay closed, but your statement is ****ing retarded... Pictures you saw...:rolleyes:

Trail Closure

The damage to the trail system is bad yes..

Is closing the area to everyone the answer... No

We need to police the douche bags that cause the damage and report/punish them accordingly.

I grew up in a Small town, and when the douche bags showed up causing problems, we handled them personally. Sooner or later they get the idea that their BS isn't welcome and they move on.

Maybe we need to talk with the ranger's and find out if there is a way we can help them police the area and run out the trash.

I believe once we start down the path of closing the trails as a cure, it is only a matter of time before they are closed all together. I too want my son to be able to use these trails in the future.

My .02c, take it or leave it.

I did like how they (FS) said they would patrol the trails and cite people found on them. Why not patrol them while they are open and cite people. It's no surprise where the "damage" (I disagree with this term) occurs. Put an officer in these very few spots, charge people to the full extent of the law and the offender will be paying for trail maintenence. Everybody else gets to wheel.

The damage to the trail system is bad yes..

Is closing the area to everyone the answer... No

I believe once we start down the path of closing the trails as a cure, it is only a matter of time before they are closed all together. I too want my son to be able to use these trails in the future.

My .02c, take it or leave it.

In my OPINION, the trail is closed to wheeln every winter. Close it for a week longer and and all the "damage" that we here about on memorial weekend "EVERY" year wont be an issue anymore.

We have already started "down the path" of closing trails. And its not a cure its "their" solution.

Few pictures you saw???

And now you're making an opinion???

Really???

I'm not saying it shouldn't stay closed, but your statement is ****ing retarded... Pictures you saw...:rolleyes:

Ive wheeled memorial up there many times. Too many people at one time was my point. 4th of july and labor day are 2 other holiday weekends, but usually the terrain has dried out, which helps keep damage minimized. Giving up one weekend of wheeling seems worth it to avoid the possible consequences.

And for what its worth, the cle elum ranger station said it would be very unlikey for motorized use to be open for memorial weekend when i called them.

Last edited:
I did like how they (FS) said they would patrol the trails and cite people found on them. Why not patrol them while they are open and cite people. It's no surprise where the "damage" (I disagree with this term) occurs. Put an officer in these very few spots, charge people to the full extent of the law and the offender will be paying for trail maintenence. Everybody else gets to wheel.

They do.

Oh, and btw - if you are in a muddy spot on a trail and you find yourself getting ready to employ the more HP and hit it harder technique...

If the FS is watching you *might* score yourself a ticket depending on the situation.

Their answer is, if you can't drive it, don't even think about tearing it up to make it - pull cable.

No they don't. How many tickets were given out on Kanner last year? How many between funny-moon rocks? It's the same places every year. They're either too lazy or too stupid to figure it out or they don't want to patrol these areas. They would have a difficult time writing a ticket if you're on trail. Their "answer" is dumb. Are we to have a "no spinning tires" rule? Is that the same for motor bikes and quads?

Oh, and btw - if you are in a muddy spot on a trail and you find yourself getting ready to employ the more HP and hit it harder technique...

If the FS is watching you *might* score yourself a ticket depending on the situation.

Their answer is, if you can't drive it, don't even think about tearing it up to make it - pull cable.

This is true. Most people don't know this.

as long as you agree that what is happening is damage, this state is doomed

as long as you agree that what is happening is damage, this state is doomed

This is where we started to lose. When we agreed that a trail becoming more difficult was damage. We are arguing on the FS terms and definitions and when you do that you eventually lose. It's too late now as the debate is decades old. They claim run off effects fish but if they tested the Yakima river they wouldn't be able to prove that a fraction of 1% is caused by wheelers. They claim resource damage, I disagree with their definition of damage. I call it use. A tiny trail weaving through tens of thousands of acers of land causes no damage that can be measured if you look at the forest as a whole. Trails will be closed, history shows us that, we just fight to slow the progress.:booo:

this is where we started to lose. When we agreed that a trail becoming more difficult was damage. We are arguing on the fs terms and definitions and when you do that you eventually lose. It's too late now as the debate is decades old. They claim run off effects fish but if they tested the yakima river they wouldn't be able to prove that a fraction of 1% is caused by wheelers. They claim resource damage, i disagree with their definition of damage. I call it use. A tiny trail weaving through tens of thousands of acers of land causes no damage that can be measured if you look at the forest as a whole. Trails will be closed, history shows us that, we just fight to slow the progress.:booo:

^^this^^

Latest posts