• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

naches/manastash memorial day???

Be glad we dont have this to go through here(yet) This was a weed inspection that we had to go through on the Mcgrew trail in oregon last year. The guy reached around every nook and cranny looking for dirt and weeds. We all passed because we had cleaned up spotlessly but in years past people had been denied access due to small amounts of "imported soils" being found on their rigs.

The same rules and regulations that are applied to foreign species of plants should be applied at our borders. I guess they already are. But, ya know what I'm sayin...

Be glad we dont have this to go through here(yet) This was a weed inspection that we had to go through on the Mcgrew trail in oregon last year. The guy reached around every nook and cranny looking for dirt and weeds. We all passed because we had cleaned up spotlessly but in years past people had been denied access due to small amounts of "imported soils" being found on their rigs.
Everytime I come back from wheelin in canada I get lots of **** at the boarder about bringing dirt and mud back.
I think it should be closed for MD. I quit going over there for that weekend because of all the dumb asses.

Yes the head ranger can make a rule but there's more to it than just saying "this is the rule". I doubt they have taken the proper steps to make the rule...Even if they did so in Oregon doesn't mean the Ranger in Naches has done the same..

Title 17 RCW deals with weed control and aquatic plants.

We were there last year and plan on going again this year... if its open. I look forward to spending the weekend wheeling with family and friends along with meeting new ones out on the trail.

There were a few dumb shits we ran into but for the most part it was a fun trip. How many of you actualy ran 676 and saw the "Kaner Trail Massacre"? It was muddy but nothing more than normal day at Elbe or Evans in the winter. For the most part everyone we ran into on those trails through out the weekend were in clubs or small groups doing the same thing we were, out enjoying the trails. We Ran into a sheriff on a logging road that warned a few people to get mud flaps but he was real nice about it, just out making sure everyone was being safe and having a good time. I guess I fail to see why the web-wheeling "comunity" has turned this into a tail of total destruction and abuse to the trails we all enjoy? Even going as far as to stand behind keeping them closed longer? Do you realy think that pushing the opening date back will fix things...think of all the other areas that will just take on that much more if they do? Im not saying that the area didn't see a lot of heavy traffic and some abuse but how is that different from any other trail system on a holiday weekend?

Yes, we were there. There were more than a few. I counted nine the second time and three the first. It's one thing to attempt a bypass when the obstacle is to difficult for you, but I saw two guys cut new trail, in a very capable set of buggies. Granted the guys were frustrated because there were so many 'tards off the bridge and stuck going every which way, but there were other options. We backed out and took the FS to the next trail crossing.

You say how is it different? I have never, in fifteen years, seen it that bad.

You are right on when you say that other places will suffer that much more.
So be mindful of that and TREAD Lightly. :awesomework:

Besides, if it is closed on MD, and folks go elsewhere for their holiday, it will be much less crowded when I go on the 15th (14th, I always hang around camp the first day).

If only there was some sort of sense :flipoff: that was common :fawkdancesmiley: to all 4x4 users that could prevent this from happening again. :kissmyass: Alas, there isn't. And so the next best thing is to seasonally close it when damage is assured.

Poor 4x4'ers.....all your trail freedoms are going away.:cheer:

If only there was some sort of sense :flipoff: that was common :fawkdancesmiley: to all 4x4 users that could prevent this from happening again. :kissmyass: Alas, there isn't. And so the next best thing is to seasonally close it when damage is assured.

Poor 4x4'ers.....all your trail freedoms are going away.:cheer:
Not mine:fawkdancesmiley:

Not mine:fawkdancesmiley:

Mine either! ...oh wait, I'm getting married tomorrow...At least my wheeling habit will still be limitless(other than missing out on a trip to BC this wknd). Can't say the same for the rest of my daily life:D

If only there was some sort of sense :flipoff: that was common :fawkdancesmiley: to all 4x4 users that could prevent this from happening again.

edited for content resembling truth

If only.

Mine either! ...oh wait, I'm getting married tomorrow...At least my wheeling habit will still be limitless(other than missing out on a trip to BC this wknd). Can't say the same for the rest of my daily life:D

rriiiiiigghht..

Just kidding, Congratulations on you impending nuptuals.(I hope that sounded sincere.)

10-4, that's right. Don't they separate up on the top of the ridge? I don't remember many trials on the CE side (that are still connected to the Shoestring area).

FWIW- As was mentioned earlier, the CE district is also considering the same closure. This would, obviously, effect the largest CE wheeling area, Liberty.

As I recall Shoestring (at least some of it) is in the CE ranger district..
I agree. Manastash covers the whole area from I-90 to I-410.

All of Shoestring & Tripod Flats is in the Cle Elum RD...the division between the districts is at the 4W306 Manastash Ridge Trail :beer:

i was there last year for mem. weekned and most of the shoestring was impassable, tons of snow, couldnt quite get to either of the rocks too.
ohh and it was muddy as hell, from what i had heard they were not gonna open that ealy agian due to damage from the rigs tearing it up.
i could be wrong though?

All of Shoestring & Tripod Flats is in the Cle Elum RD...the division between the districts is at the 4W306 Manastash Ridge Trail :beer:

I think that leaves the funny rocks in Cle Elum RD. Anyone know for sure. I don't feel like looking at a map just yet.

The reason I ask the question is that in years past when naches has been closed to fire danger, the rocks were open. Maybe this was back in the good days when nobody cared. Or they couldn't catch me on my bike.

Funny rocks and moon rocks are in the Naches district so go with their closures. I know they do not have many options but wet closures in the spring mean wet closures in the fall eventually, so no snow wheeling at some point and maybe no hunting in some areas. Once closed it is easy to do it other times for other reasons, pretty soon they figure out it is easier to just keep it closed.

Funny rocks and moon rocks are in the Naches district so go with their closures. I know they do not have many options but wet closures in the spring mean wet closures in the fall eventually, so no snow wheeling at some point and maybe no hunting in some areas. Once closed it is easy to do it other times for other reasons, pretty soon they figure out it is easier to just keep it closed.

:awesomework:

We should close Evans for the winter also... oh wait, that already happened. We could push the opening date back also right? Its not like theres a shortage of trails in our state forcing the overuse of what we still have... Seriously, I hope they dont close it longer but I would understand if they did. If they dont I'll see ya over there, stop by and say hi!

Latest posts