• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

naches/manastash memorial day???

Smug SOB post that should piss you off.

I'm so proud of you guys. You're really coming together for this and I'm sure ORV'ers will prevail.

Go wheelers!

Close it all down, then no one has to worry anymore. :awesomework:

I spend most of my time on the internet, inside, sitting, so really there is no need for outdoor activities. :cheer:

I spent yesterday climbing Snoqualmie's highest peak.......Snoqualmie Mountain (6,278 ft). Feels good that I'll never be restricted from climbing it.

All joking and trolling aside, I really do feel for you guys. You'll go down with this ship, won't you?:booo: Yah...

I spent yesterday climbing Snoqualmie's highest peak.......Snoqualmie Mountain (6,278 ft). Feels good that I'll never be restricted from climbing it.

All joking and trolling aside, I really do feel for you guys. You'll go down with this ship, won't you?:booo: Yah...

why are you trying to get us all to give it up..i live in the woods..my wheeler is a tool for hunting season and for the **** of it...i use it alot..i will always use it..i will never sell my ak 47 or my yota..when they come i will load my family and guns and food in the runner and head for the hills..they dont want that ..they dont want you to have guns or a wheeler..all the more a reason i will never sell either.its a dooms day tool of survival. a country boy can survive!!

why are you trying to get us all to give it up

Is that what I'm trying to do?:eeek: Do I really have any say in what you do? Will Naches/Manastash be open for Memorial Day whether you give up or not?

Oh I get it....positive thinking is a replacement for strong action. Ya....responding to my posts changes your outcome.

So you think. If too many people start climbing a certain area, they make you get permits, limit group size, limit where you can stay and start charging fees. All have happened in the alpine lakes wilderness, and you can't blame the wheelers.:D

So you think. If too many people start climbing a certain area, they make you get permits, limit group size, limit where you can stay and start charging fees. All have happened in the alpine lakes wilderness, and you can't blame the wheelers.:D

I'd buy the permit, limited the group size, stay where designated and pay the fee. Apparently (and obviously) ORV users are not so understanding.:;

P.S. - "Blaming" is for the weak and uneducated.

I'd buy the permit, limited the group size, stay where designated and pay the fee. Apparently (and obviously) ORV users are not so understanding.:;

P.S. - "Blaming" is for the weak and uneducated.

Wheelers already buy permits ( ORV tabs, forest passes, event permits,etc) keep to small groups as there are so few of us compared to other recreationists and stay in our designated areas. We would even pay fees if the legal areas were worth a damn.

Still we are getting shut down and forced to move underground. Do your climbing shoes require OHV tabs? How about a mountain bike?

Still we are getting shut down and forced to move underground.

You're right. It's not fair......it's far from fair. But comparing non-moto recreation to moto recreation is not a path to understanding and resolving the ORV political plight. You guys where bigger shoes, so your struggle is greater. You guys have ALOT of catching up and making up to do......and time is NOT on your side.

I have empathy and sympathy for ORV users. Unfortunately, empathy and sympathy don't do you any good.

Anyone want to join me for a knitting class??? Maybe some swing dancing lessons??? Gonna have to find something to do on Memorial Day...:redneck:

The thing is, nobody knows how this will pan out... I got on the ride a while ago, so I'm gonna hang on until it stops...

It used to be other wheelers telling me I shouldn't be in the woods because of my full size rig...

Now everyone is being told they shouldn't be in the woods...

We can keep finger pointing if that's what you guys want... But, I think we need to point our fingers at the powers that be instead of each other...

But then again, what the **** do I know???

You're right. It's not fair......it's far from fair. But comparing non-moto recreation to moto recreation is not a path to understanding and resolving the ORV political plight. You guys where bigger shoes, so your struggle is greater. You guys have ALOT of catching up and making up to do......and time is NOT on your side.

I have empathy and sympathy for ORV users. Unfortunately, empathy and sympathy don't do you any good.

It's not a comparison, it's a warning to you to be on guard, you think you're immune to closeurs and restrictions and you're not. Don't go down the wheelers path and compromise because they'll just take a bit at a time but eventually they'll get it all.

Don't go down the wheelers path and compromise because they'll just take a bit at a time but eventually they'll get it all.

I appreciate your concern. But, unlike wheelers, "we" have have our ducks in a row already. In respect to politics and access; mountaineer's are far superior and seasoned to the ORV community. There are always issues to address in the mountaineering community, but NOTHING like what the ORV community is up against. We're already "green" and good to go.:;

"To be on-foot is greater than being in-truck."

A tiny trail weaving through tens of thousands of acers of land causes no damage that can be measured if you look at the forest as a whole.

Really? Where is your proof? Sounds like a value judgement to me...

I'm going to be honest, this closure sounds logical to me. This is because of a wetter, later spring that we are seeing this year and last (we can look at last spring, and assume that the same thing will happen this spring because we see similar conditions). I do not support it, but at the same time I see where the land managers are coming from. If I was in thier position, I would probably make the same call.

Now, if you think, "well, why havent they closed it in years past?" There is several answers to this that I see, one being more users, and two is that in the past 10 or so years snowfall has been generally earlier. Just look at the data.

I appreciate your concern. But, unlike wheelers, "we" have have our ducks in a row already. In respect to politics and access; mountaineer's are far superior and seasoned to the ORV community. There are always issues to address in the mountaineering community, but NOTHING like what the ORV community is up against. We're already "green" and good to go.:;

"To be on-foot is greater than being in-truck."

Its funny that you use the word "we" when refering to yourslf as a hiker/climber :haha: Didnt you just start the climbing thing about a year ago:eeek: Hardly makes you a part of "their" "we" now does it.Fact is your just a pot stirrer/ Dramagueen with no real side anymore and anyone that dosent see that in you just sees you as a troll or even worse a turncoat that just gave up :booo:

But then again all I know you by is what I see you post :haha:

Its funny that you use the word "we" when refering to yourslf as a hiker/climber :haha: Didnt you just start the climbing thing about a year ago:eeek: Hardly makes you a part of "their" "we" now does it.Fact is your just a pot stirrer/ Dramagueen with no real side anymore and anyone that dosent see that in you just sees you as a troll or even worse a turncoat that just gave up :booo:

But then again all I know you by is what I see you post :haha:

I'm in your head.....:stirpot:

Latest posts