• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

naches/manastash memorial day???

Sweet, so within the next ten years all the forest lands will be hermetically sealed and we'll be able to pay a small fee to view them through a window

The small fee view will be on the internet or television. The large fee will be on a small train so you can get within 50' of the wilderness but not step foot on it.

Glad I took the week off so I can waste my time sitting in camp instead of wheeling. Wheeling really is best in the summer, when it's dusty and hot. All you need is a stock rig and A/C. Maybe the FS should take some time and remove a few of the rocks/roots so I can take my car. It's really unfair for the access to be so limited. Maybe they should start plowing the trails, it makes me nervous to drive over snow. They should put bridges over all the trails because sometimes in the mud a tire spins and then I get sad and cry out in rage for the environment. The Forest Circus-living up to it's name.

What if we all got tires with horse shoes mounted all around them then no one would care?

Last I heard the horses were part of this clouser as well. Naches has its focus group meeting tonight so we will see what they announce.

Regardless lets try and keep this thread on track shall we :awesomework:

Todays news from the CleElum district.

Hi Everyone...
I want to pass on the latest information regarding a Cle Elum Motorized Seasonal
Closure. I know there are a lot of rumors out there, and Tim and I finally got
the order....

1. Here is what will happen this season: There will be a Motorized Seasonal
Closure on the Cle Elum Ranger District until June 15th.

2. It will be a "flexible date" closure. This means trails will open when there
is a loop open, trees and debris have been removed from the tread, AND the snow
is off the trail (or there are minimum/passable patches).

3. The decision to open a trail will ultimately be Tim Foss'. However, his
decision to open a trail will come directly from those of us who are on the
ground and working on the trail. These people will include the ORV Ranger,
trail crew members, and our V-Team members who are helping log out trails.

4. We will certify a limited number of volunteers to help clear the system.
These folks include members from the NMA, PNW4WDA, and WOHVA. It is important
to keep in mind that these folks will have a MAJOR role in opening trails.
These volunteers will have some sort of identification for their 4x4 or motos.

5. The reason we are implementing this closure is twofold

I just don't think that he's ever been to Elbe or understands how areas like that are managed. He probably is assuming it's the same as the forest districts on the east side.

He probably is assuming it's the same as the forest districts on the east side.

I think you are making his point. The point is that *some* people on this side see Elbe type wheeling as "typical" and they go to Forest Service areas on Memorial Day weekend and think nothing of slopping through a wet meadow. It is the same old story of uneducated wheelers versus most like those on here that know the difference.

Elbe will always be muddy during the rainy season... That's just how the area is... Most of those trails will be 2wd in the summer when it's dry...

IMHO, there's nothing in the Elbe thread that is trail damage... That is the evolution of a trail...

Going off of a trail is damage...

Tearing up a meadow would be going off the trail... Therefore it is damage...

People need to understand that there is a difference between the two...

Elbe will always be muddy during the rainy season... That's just how the area is... Most of those trails will be 2wd in the summer when it's dry...

IMHO, there's nothing in the Elbe thread that is trail damage... That is the evolution of a trail...

Going off of a trail is damage...

Tearing up a meadow would be going off the trail... Therefore it is damage...

People need to understand that there is a difference between the two...

I absolutely agree:awesomework:

That said, I wonder if posting any pics is a good idea. There are many groups out there that would love to close the area (or any 4x4 area) down. It's not too hard to imagine how they could use normal wet area pics against us. Just thinkin' out loud...

I cant believe no one is pissed about this.Its just one more closure followed by many more.We cause no more damage than the free range cattle that rome around all summer in the meadows and streams.Dont be suprised when the trails you go to make sure are safe have tire tracks in them.Back to lurking.

Last edited:
I cant believe no one is pissed about this.Its just one more closure followed by many more.We cause no more damage than the free range cattle that rome around all summer in the meadows and streams.Dont be suprised when the trails you go to make sure are safe have tracks in them.Back to lurking.

I've gotten over being pissed... It accomplishes nothing...

I cant believe no one is pissed about this.Its just one more closure followed by many more.We cause no more damage than the free range cattle that rome around all summer in the meadows and streams.Dont be suprised when the trails you go to make sure are safe have tracks in them.Back to lurking.

This is not a closure. this is a extension of a closure that is already in place and it is there to protect our trails from some unhappy hiker/ecologist trying to shut them down. Along with providing safety to recreational users from down or unsafe trees. Look at it how you will but it is what is needed.

I absolutely agree:awesomework:

That said, I wonder if posting any pics is a good idea. There are many groups out there that would love to close the area (or any 4x4 area) down. It's not too hard to imagine how they could use normal wet area pics against us. Just thinkin' out loud...

That's the thing, we need to all be under same the understanding that, a muddy area is NOT damaged... It is part of the trail... Being part of the trail, it will change as the weather changes...

Latest posts