• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Naches Trail help..

Dunejunkie

I'm planning at taking the Naches trail from Greenwater over to the funnyrocks /Karner Flats area. I have been up to Gov meadows before but never gone farther then that.

I know we take the 1175 to the 684 but I'm not sure where I would want to go to connect with any trails leading to funny rocks area.

We plan on packing some camping gear and staying the night on the trail. Going to have some quads with us as well so can't hit any street legal roads.

Anyone have any suggestions on what trail system to hit once we are over the hump?

You will need to hit pavement to get to the rocks. On the eastern end of the Naches trail is pavement no other trail, you will have to travel to the Crow Creek Rd to hit the trail to the rocks.

You will need to hit pavement to get to the rocks. On the eastern end of the Naches trail is pavement no other trail, you will have to travel to the Crow Creek Rd to hit the trail to the rocks.

So from the west side there is only about 6 miles of trail until we hit pavemet?

Nothing off the 1175 / 684 that opens up into other trail systems?

I wasn't dead set on the funny rocks...just looking for somthing to spend a couple days on without having to trailer over 410.

Sorry, not Crow Creek, but across the RD, Quartz Creek. Kaner Flats Trail, I believe.

Well if you don't want to trailer over 410 you can trailer over the 70rd to the Naches side, camp at the Quarts creek trail head and hit the trails from there. Much shorter the 410.

Kaner Flats trail will take you to the rocks and/or manashtash ridge trail. From there you can get all over the place.

Sorry, not Crow Creek, but across the RD, Quartz Creek. Kaner Flats Trail, I believe.

Well if you don't want to trailer over 410 you can trailer over the 70rd to the Naches side, camp at the Quarts creek trail head and hit the trails from there. Much shorter the 410.

Kaner Flats trail will take you to the rocks and/or manashtash ridge trail. From there you can get all over the place.

Thanks for the info...got a buddy coming over from Auss and don't want to plan a lame trip.

Looks like I go up FR 70, then the 7080rd to 787, and camp around there?

http://www.nwjeepn.com/Maps/NachesWest.pdf

from greenwater to the rocks is gonna be a LONG trip. are u camping once u get there? itd be a VERY long day to run over, check things out, then run back.

With out looking at my map, the Quartz creek trail head is on the 1903RD. Once you hit the pavement on the Naches side, its about 8 miles down the rd.

If you plan on camping on the 787rd, you will be disapinted. There is only one trail to run and the rest are logging roads. If you get caught riding the logging with out being street legal, they will happily write a ticket. The FS does not screw around in this area. stay off the rds unless you are street legal.

I don't care if we make it to Funny Rocks...been there plenty of times but only by going Milk Creek.

We are hoping to head up FS70 in Greenwater....anywhere up there and unload. If we can take that over the hump and unload on the east side. (Quartz mnt ? is what Gasman was thinking.

Then take our wheelers and quads on the trail system...hoping to find the network of east side trails with out having to drive down gravel roads or blacktop.

I know we will get tickets for driving quads on the gravel roads and thats what I'm trying to avoid. I just don't know if it's possible.

We plan on packing extra gas and camping gear so we can leave Friday moring, spend all day on the trails, sleep on the trails and then make our way back Saturday evening.

until u get up on manastash ridge, you wont be able to connect with any trails. the naches pass trail you're going to be running from greenwater doesnt intersect with any of those other trails. it ends at pavement.
street legal rigs will be fine. but you wouldnt be able to run quads all the way over.

Not true. You can take the Naches Trail from Greenwater all the way to Kaner Flats camp ground. The trail parallels the LiL Naches rd. Once you get to Kaner Flats, turn left and head up the mountain. That will take you to Lilly Pond. Which you can then take down to Milk Pond rd. and up to the rocks on Manastash...That is a HELL of a long trip! And from Lilly Pond the fastest way to the rocks is to go up Milk Pond road. (There are other ways to get there) Plan on (at least) 2 full days of driving.

Last edited:
Not true. You can take the Naches Trail from Greenwater all the way to Kaner Flats camp ground. The trail parallels the LiL Naches rd. Once you get to Kaner Flats, turn left and head up the mountain. That will take you to Lilly Pond. Which you can then take down to Milk Pond rd. and up to the rocks on Manastash...That is a HELL of a long trip! And from Lilly Pond the fastest way to the rocks is to go up Milk Pond road. (There are other ways to get there) Plan on (at least) 2 full days of driving. Have a good trip:cool::beer:
do you have a map of that?
is that without hitting any FS roads?

i cant remember any other trails branching off the naches pass trail:scratchhead:

The only trails that parallel the Naches Rd are motorcycle trails.

There is "NO WAY" to go from the "Naches Wagon Trail" trail head to Kaner Flats, off road "LEGALLY" (unless you are on a motorcycle). Quads are not even allowed on those trails.

Check your map.

I've heard of a yearly run that goes from Greenwater to Kaner...

No idea if they have to hit the pavement...

Check out the PNW website, they may have some info for ya...

If you go, check out the cabin at Government Meadows...

So what If I don't take NACHES TRAIL....and just keep heading on FS70 over the summit.

Does that drop down to Qwartz campground or ANYPLACE I can trailer to.....unload, then take trails up to Manash Ridge or the main eastside trail system.

I could care less about the rocks at this point...just trying to find a couple days of trails. Manash ridge, Karner...anywhere I can get to from FR70. AND STAY OFF GRAVEL AND PAVED ROADS with the quads.

Last edited:
So what If I don't take NACHES TRAIL....and just keep heading on FS70 over the summit.

Does that drop down to Qwartz campground or ANYPLACE I can trailer to.....unload, then take trails up to Manash Ridge or the main eastside trail system.

I could care less about the rocks at this point...just trying to find a couple days of trails. Manash ridge, Karner...anywhere I can get to from FR70. AND STAY OFF GRAVEL AND PAVED ROADS with the quads.

YES, like i posted earlier.
:mad:
Trailer over the summmit until you hit pavement. head down to 1903 Rd Quarts Creek, take the 676 trail up, jump off on the 617 at lilly pond to Milk Creek or continue on the 676 to manashtash ridge. From there the trails are all over.

YES, like i posted earlier.
:mad:
Trailer over the summmit until you hit pavement. head down to 1903 Rd Quarts Creek, take the 676 trail up, jump off on the 617 at lilly pond to Milk Creek or continue on the 676 to manashtash ridge. From there the trails are all over.
do you mean to trailer over the trail?
do the FS roads connect?

Have you seen the Cle Elum District ORV maps?

These 2 sections of the map should show the Naches Trail (694), Little Naches road (1900) & the connection to Kaner (676).

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/wenatchee/cle-elum-orv/maps/map-west-7.pdf
http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/wenatchee/cle-elum-orv/maps/map-west-8.pdf

Why not just trailer over Chinook Pass & unload the rigs on the Little Naches? Google shows 128 miles from Kapowsin...MAP.

You would have tons of trails to hit from there :beer: